• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCon April 24

22 posts in this topic

Anybody going?

http://www.hobbystar.com/hobbystar/ConventionsApril.html

GUESTS

Chris Claremont - Writer

Previous work: Aliens/Predator, Batman:Black and White, The Black Dragon, Blade:Vampire Slayer, Bring Back the Bad Guys, Classic Star Wars, Crossover Classics, Excalibur, Gen 13, Heroes Reborn:Ashema, JLA, Marvel Holiday Special, Sovereign Seven, Star Trek:Debt of Honor, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine, X-Men Classic, X-Treme X-Men

Current project: X-Men

Adam Kubert - Artist

Adam Strange: The Man of Two Worlds, Captain America, Clash, Marvel 1602, Origin, The Avengers, The Mighty Thor, Ultimate X-Men, X-Men, X-Men 2099

Current project: Ultimate Fantastic Four

Sean Chen - Artist

Elektra, Infantry, Iron Man, The Avengers, Wolverine/Deadpool, Wolverine

Current project: X-Men: The End

Josh Middleton - Artist

Previous work: Meridian, New Mutants, NYX, Primal, Runaways, Street Fighter, X-Men Unlimited

Current project: Superman/Shazam and Majestic

Francis Manapul - Artist

Previous work: Fear Effect:Retro Helix, G.I. Joe, Monster Fighter, Tomb Raider, Witchblade

Upcoming Necromancer and Darkness

Leonard Kirk - Artist

Previous work: Alien Nation, Angels Of Destruction, Bloodhound, Captain Canuck, Deadman:Dead Again, Dinosaurs For Hire, Eliminator, Galaxina, H-E-R-O, Independence Day, JSA, The Legion, Legion of Superheroes Secret Files, Planet of The Apes, Solus, Star Trek:Deep Space Nine, Supergirl, Superman: Our Worlds At World, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Marvel Team Up, Ultimate Stryke, Ultra Girl, Witchblade

Current projects: Amazing Fantasy and Freshmen

Dave Ross - Artist

Previous work: Alpha Flight, Avengers West Coast, Batman: Bruce Wayne: Fugitive, Batman and the Outsiders, The Big Book of Bad, Birds of Prey, Cloak and Dagger, Daredevil, DC Comics Presents: The Flash, Excalibur, Force Works, Gen 13 Bootleg, Inhumans, JLA, JSA All Stars, Justice Society Special, Magnus Robot Fighter, Marvel Comic Presents, Marvel Fanfare, Marvel Knights: Daredevil, Outsiders, Power Line, Punisher War Journal, Punisher War Zone, Punisher, Rai, Spectacular Spider-Man, Star Trek, Web of Spider-man, X-Factor

Current project: Breakdown (Devils Due Publishing)

Wes Craig - Artist

Previous work: DC Comics "Touch", "Catwoman"

Current project: Batman Strikes! #10

Pat Davidson - Artist

Previous Work: Daredevil: Devil's Playground, Marvel Age Team Up, New Mutants

Current project: Marvel Age Spider-Man

Kalman Andrasofszky - Artist

Previous works: Legion, iCandy, Dragon Magazine, Voltron. Cover artist on: G.I. Joe: Master & Apprentice, Infantry, Vengeance of the Mummy, Vampi, D20 Modern.

Current projects: Vampirella Vs Witchblade, Star Wars RPG, Dungeons & Dragons

Cameron Stewart - Artist

Previous work: Batman, B.P.R.D. 2: The Soul of Venice, Buffy the Vampire Slayer:Tales of Vampires, Catwoman, The Crusades, Deadenders, Hellblazer, Human Target, The Invisables, Sea Guy, Secret Files, Superman Adventures, Swamp Thing, Transmetropolitan: Filth of the City

Current project: Seven Soldiers: The Manhattan Guardian (DC Comics)

Kagan McLeod - Writer and Artist

Previous work: Mad Magazine, Star Wars Tales

Current project: Infinite Kung Fu

Chip Zdarsky - Artist and Writer

Previous work: Fierce, Monster Cops, Prison Funnies, Vampirella

Current project: Prison Funnies

Shawn Richter - Artist and Writer

Previous work: "Fusion: Vox Londonium: A Sword of Flame", "The Book of Jesse" (#5) Digital Hero (#21, #28), D6 Space from West End Games

Current project: “DRIVE” graphic novel by Frequency Press and upcoming "A TRIP TO RUNDBERG"

Exhibitors

1000000000 Comix

3rd Quardrant

Adamo Mastandrea Comic Books

Alternate Icons

Another Dream

Big B Comics

Bob Kopman Comics

Burdin's Comics

Comic Book Addiction

Comic Book Masters

Comic Connection

Comics & More

Dreamworks Studios

Dragon Lady Comics

Domino Comics

Emerald Comics

Excalibur Comics

Fastball Sportscards

Gauntlet Comics

Harley Yee Fine Comics

Heroes Laval

Imagine Ink Productions

John Malito Comics

Kewl Collectibles

Major Comics

Manish Mistry

Myths,Legends,Heroes

Pendragon

Quantum Comics

Reggies Reg'd

Shockwave Comics

Sidewalk Comics

Silver Snail

Steve Stone

The Beguiling

The Comic Book Movie Store

The Ice Age

The Labyrinth

Toy Square

Underdog Toys & Comics

Universal Heroes

Warner Brothers Studio

Worlds Collide

Wyldstar

Why did you open a second thread for this CON? There is already one open. screwy.gif

Two is better than one cause one is the loneliest number that you ever knew...

That song was playing as I post this!!!! 27_laughing.gif

I just read on a website that the big summer show will be previewing their guest list this weekend. This is gonna be a stellar 2 weeks!

Hey,

Could you post a link to this website? I usually read www.comicbookconventions.com but I didn't see anything there about this. Let me know when you have a minute.

Thanks

Peter's not going. Doug's not going and I have no interest in going. Besides we all have work to do getting our convention ready, which, as you well know, takes place the following weekend. Are there some other Paradise guys that I don't know about John?

I went. I didn't check out the artist/writer alley, but the area seemed pretty busy so I guess Claremont and Kubert were there. The regular dealers were there and there was quite a bit of discounting going on. The trend I've noticed in the past few years is that more dealers are discounting across the board. If you have patience, you can find pretty good stuff, but the ultra-high grade stuff will still cost you.

My good buys for the day were Batman 234 VF+ $110, DC-14 100 pgs VF/VF+ $20 & Witching Hour #13 VF+ $5 (steal!). I also picked up the first three Morrison/Quitely X-Men trade paperbacks for an amazing $25. The show was great for picking up trade paperbacks for cheap.