• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photobucket Bogged Down?

103 posts in this topic

Posted on Photobucket's Facebook page around 5 PM EST today:

Update: During the planned maintenance last night, we encountered an unforeseen issue. Our team is continuing to work on resolving that issue, and we will provide another update as soon as possible. Rest assured that your information and content is safe. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Translation: "Ummmm... ooops?"

I just checked IMGUR and they are uploading out of order, so when you have a front and back cover image, that does not work well.

You can rearrange the order of images inside albums on imgur.

I have no idea how to use that app.

I just checked IMGUR and they are uploading out of order, so when you have a front and back cover image, that does not work well.

I actually recall it being pretty easy... Because now that I think of it, this exact thing happened a few VCCs ago. Photobucket went down the day before so everyone who used it had to scramble to do their booths via alternative means.

What bites this time is that I was actually 100 percent done already...and I just know if I go through the trouble of doing a completely new Imgur version of it, the moment that is completed, Photobucket will be back up and running. lol

I actually recall it being pretty easy... Because now that I think of it, this exact thing happened a few VCCs ago. Photobucket went down the day before so everyone who used it had to scramble to do their booths via alternative means.

What bites this time is that I was actually 100 percent done already...and I just know if I go through the trouble of doing a completely new Imgur version of it, the moment that is completed, Photobucket will be back up and running. lol

I can't even figure out how to create an album from the app and put images direct to a single album. Maybe I should make a thread like the one asking how to put a comic box together...

I can't even figure out how to create an album from the app and put images direct to a single album. Maybe I should make a thread like the one asking how to put a comic box together...

i'm in the same boat. the only thing i seem to be able to do in imgur is copy my images again and again when i have no desire to do so. doh!

i'm in the same boat. the only thing i seem to be able to do in imgur is copy my images again and again when i have no desire to do so. doh!

It might function better than photobucket and have less ads but I just don't find it user friendly.

It might function better than photobucket and have less ads but I just don't find it user friendly.

I found the note I had from last time I used it... and for the purposes of posting images here, it's really not too bad.

Go to your list of images, not to your albums, and click on an image. When you do so you'll get host of options that appear on the right. Select "small thumbnail" in the bottom of that list and that sets all the options appropriately, and then copy the "Linked BBCode" line and that'll give you equivalent of Photobucket's linked thumbnail image.

I'm sure the Imgur experts know lots of tricks and bells and whistles.. but that's the bare bones info I learned last time and I did find it pretty easy. Hope that's helpful.

I'm done with Photobucket. All the ads, all the issues. Time to send everything to the cloud.

..... eBay and Photobucket are both very low on my list of favored sites..... both are like trudging uphill through a mudslide. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm done with Photobucket. All the ads, all the issues. Time to send everything to the cloud.

..... eBay and Photobucket are both very low on my list of favored sites..... both are like trudging uphill through a mudslide. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's funny, I almost exclusively interact with ebay (both as buyer and seller) through the iPad app these days rather than the website. And since I've made that transition I've had far fewer issues with them.

That would be great, except mine are all named on my harddrive, and photobucket uploads them with the names. Imgur does not seem to do that, so I have a bunch of back covers, out of order, that look very much alike.

I guess I can just use front covers.

I never thought I'd appreciate photobucket's sorting, but I do now;)

Update: During the planned maintenance last night, we encountered an unforeseen issue. Our team is continuing to work on resolving that issue, and we will provide another update as soon as possible. Rest assured that your information and content is safe. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Considering they just went through this a few days ago ... :facepalm:

Either their software has too many quirks to be easily maintained or they can't pay enough to attract and retain competent people to maintain the site.

Considering they just went through this a few days ago ... :facepalm:

Either their software has too many quirks to be easily maintained or they can't pay enough to attract and retain competent people to maintain the site.

Is Flickr a viable alternative to Photobucket?

It's working fine now, tinypic was still down.

Flickr wanted my email password and since they have been hacked at Yahoo, I was not going to do that.

If I could figure out Imgur, I might try that again, but not for the VCC, it's painful.

Obviously a site where only "real" men post, there are NO instructions anywhere, lol.