• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 Marvel & DC covers of 1963!

42 posts in this topic

I'd like to eventually build up a good collection of Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Strange Tales with the Human Torch and Dr. Strange and Tales to Astonish with Ant-Man but currently I have only a dozen or so Silver Age Marvel comics in my collection.

You see in my main comic buying years from mid-1962 to early 1965, I collected DC and Archie's Fly and Jaguar comics. When the quality of DC's product started to deteriorate in 1965, I was turning thirteen and stepped off to Mad, Drag Cartoons and Creepy magazines instead of moving over to Marvel. Therefore my first priority in 1979 when I started to rebuild the collection of my younger days was the DC and Archie superhero comics. Plus Marvel comics were so plentiful everywhere yet annoyingly expensive so I thought I could concentrate on the relatively cheap DCs while taking my own sweet time about getting into the Marvel titles I most liked. Well of course much to my dismay the most popular Marvel comics have just continued to skyrocket in price leaving me really exasperated. "But they're so common!"

Oh well. I'll just continue to focus on overlooked gems. There's no shortage of collectibles and other things competing for my hard earned cash.

;)

I'd like to eventually build up a good collection of Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Strange Tales with the Human Torch and Dr. Strange and Tales to Astonish with Ant-Man but currently I have only a dozen or so Silver Age Marvel comics in my collection.

You see in my main comic buying years from mid-1962 to early 1965, I collected DC and Archie's Fly and Jaguar comics. When the quality of DC's product started to deteriorate in 1965, I was turning thirteen and stepped off to Mad, Drag Cartoons and Creepy magazines instead of moving over to Marvel. Therefore my first priority in 1979 when I started to rebuild the collection of my younger days was the DC and Archie superhero comics. Plus Marvel comics were so plentiful everywhere yet annoyingly expensive so I thought I could concentrate on the relatively cheap DCs while taking my own sweet time about getting into the Marvel titles I most liked. Well of course much to my dismay the most popular Marvel comics have just continued to skyrocket in price leaving me really exasperated. "But they're so common!"

Oh well. I'll just continue to focus on overlooked gems. There's no shortage of collectibles and other things competing for my hard earned cash.

;)

:headbang:(worship)