• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House of M #1-8 plus crossovers... 50 Frikkin Comics!

10 posts in this topic

Being the obsessive cumpulsive Doctor Strange collector I am, I sometimes have to worry about Marvel crossovers... There was the Infinity Gauntlet and its sequels, the awful Rise of The Midnight Sons, as well as a few issues of last years Avengers Disassembled that had Doc in them... Not too bad. But now that Dr. Strange is going to be a major player in the upcoming House of M series, I'm a little worried.

I just got the Marvel Previews today at the LCS and saw the House of M checklist... 50 FRIKKIN BOOKS! That's just insane. I can't think of a single crossover event that had so many issues. I might have to get a new short box just to hold all of them, IF Doc indeed appears in each one (I really really hope he doesn't!). With the cost of comics up to over $3.00 a pop, that's a HUGE chunk of change and I think Marvel should be ashamed for doing this to their fans yet again.

mad.gif

well, I think Infinity Crisis is going to be close.. I'm just going to buy all the regular DC titles I usually do and the miniseries.

Replace "DC" with "Marvel" in your statement and that's how I'm treating House Of M.

Is House of M going to be about the Scarlet Witch vs The X-Men and Avengers? 50 issues of that? Hardly sounds like a huge shakeup in the Marvel Universe. confused.gif Sorry guys, but that plot looks pretty damn lame. I think I will pass (especially since it sounds like it will be $150 just to read it screwy.gif).

Looks like we're getting closer to the 90's all the time. Unfortunately, the only way to send a message to DC and Marvel that you don't like these 50-issue crossovers is to "vote with your wallet" and not buy them. Or at least just stick to what you normally buy and get the mini, like the guys said. I doubt every single crossover issue will have something significant happen.

I don't think that Marvel or DC realistically expect most people to pick up every issue of one of these massive crossover stories. I think the "logic" here is instead to make sure that the x-over story permeates as many titles as possible in the hopes that you'll at least "cross over" to a few of them (and maybe stick with them for awhile after the x-over bonanza is over).

Not that I'm defending the strategy, if that's what it sounds like. I'm not about to plunk down $150 to read a frikkin' modern story either. screwy.gif

Is House of M going to be about the Scarlet Witch vs The X-Men and Avengers? 50 issues of that? Hardly sounds like a huge shakeup in the Marvel Universe. confused.gif Sorry guys, but that plot looks pretty damn lame. I think I will pass (especially since it sounds like it will be $150 just to read it screwy.gif).

The preview in the latest "Wizard" looked uber-lame. Just a bunch of typically smarmy Bendis dialogue wrapped around a paper-thin plot. I'll stick around to the end of his DD run and the last issue of "Secret War" (undecided on USM), but I'm not taking on any new Bendis books, no new Marvel mini-series and especially not any new Marvel mini-series written by Bendis. mad.gif

That's true, OF. Good point. However, the X-Men and the New Avengers basically make up the MU now. Especially with Spidey becoming a part of the Avs. The only player really being left out is the Hulk, because I believe one of the minis is going to tie in House of M and the Fantastic Four.

SPOILER

I've read something that gives me the idea that Dr. Doom is going to play a role.