• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS5 CGC 9.8 ( third copy ) sells for $48.5K

73 posts in this topic

I had a bid of 20,001.00 and I figured I had it locked down.. After 21k, I was out. That price is absolutely ridiculous. Took the ST126 9.6 instead.

After seeing prices of books I was interested in last month go through the roof, I'm becoming apathetic to even bidding on stuff there. Apparently I'm on the wrong side of the tracks.

I'm not shocked at all. Crazy tough book.

And its even off-center.

Neither the first nor the second 9.8 sold for as much. Not even close.

I know. 2013 is a long time ago. There are a lot of people wanting this book right now.

(But in all honesty I was expecting around 35K )

I'm not shocked at all. Crazy tough book.

And its even off-center.

Neither the first nor the second 9.8 sold for as much. Not even close.

I know. 2013 is a long time ago. There are a lot of people wanting this book right now.

Wow so 2003 when I started to buy stuff was like a generation ago. :)

I had a bid of 20,001.00 and I figured I had it locked down.. After 21k, I was out. That price is absolutely ridiculous. Took the ST126 9.6 instead.

After seeing prices of books I was interested in last month go through the roof, I'm becoming apathetic to even bidding on stuff there. Apparently I'm on the wrong side of the tracks.

Quite honestly, Pedigree has easily had the best auction as of late. Between the last 3 major auction sites I've watched lately, Doug had the best offerings this time around. Personally, he's always done right by me. Some of these prices are crazy though. :roflmao:

You aint alone.

You aint alone.

It's definitely becoming something for the much more affluent out there, more and more.