• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Despise of Hobgoblin Thread !!!

96 posts in this topic

Thank you all for chiming in about the importance of good grammar before the message board's resident grammarian got involved ( sumo.gif) and had to slay this guy.

Who? confused-smiley-013.gif

That'd be me. hi.gif

And here's a link for Mr. Tech Writer.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/20/046.html

Do you have an English degree?

Yep, got my Masters a couple years back. Got about two years to go on the PhD. Am currently "all but dissertation," and I just passed my oral exam (watch yer comments, weisenheimers) last month. yay.gif

didn't you already change your name once over some drama? I'm not taking sides or picking on you but didn't you walk this path already? confused-smiley-013.gif

That was a funny thread.

Link? flowerred.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post766700

flowerred.gif

That's not the one I was thinking of...

There was a link to the previous drama (ie Khurst34's interesting pricing analysis). He left for about a week and then came back as Hobby.

Moderns pricing

"Peace boards. I'm off. Have fun being dickheads. I NEVER said anything about things being worth whatever you want them to be. Stupid . Homes and cars depreciate in condition, which is why the value goes down. But comics books don't if you keep them in the right conditions. So why do they suffer the rath of depreciation as well? I'm just asking you to reflect on that point. Peace out."

Thank you all for chiming in about the importance of good grammar before the message board's resident grammarian got involved ( sumo.gif) and had to slay this guy.

That'd be me. hi.gif

Yep, got my Masters a couple years back. Got about two years to go on the PhD. Am currently "all but dissertation," and I just passed my oral exam (watch yer comments, weisenheimers) last month. yay.gif

Nice, good luck on the doctorate. I toyed with the idea of getting an English PhD myself (I have a BA in it), but I figured law school would be a better idea financially. English professorships are a very tough racket, there is much competition.

didn't you already change your name once over some drama? I'm not taking sides or picking on you but didn't you walk this path already? confused-smiley-013.gif

That was a funny thread.

Link? flowerred.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post766700

flowerred.gif

I remember the one in the link. What thread were you refering to? popcorn.gif

That'd be me. hi.gif

BTW: what is your dissertation going to be on?

There was a link to the previous drama (ie Khurst34's interesting pricing analysis). He left for about a week and then came back as Hobby.

Moderns pricing

"Peace boards. I'm off. Have fun being dickheads. I NEVER said anything about things being worth whatever you want them to be. Stupid . Homes and cars depreciate in condition, which is why the value goes down. But comics books don't if you keep them in the right conditions. So why do they suffer the rath of depreciation as well? I'm just asking you to reflect on that point. Peace out."

That's the one. I read that thread slack jawed with awe.

mad.gif

Thanks to whoever the [#@$%!!!] was who embedded "Conjunction Junction" in this thread. I'd like to thank you for turning the last out of the Cubs game into a point for Hobgoblin to mangle again.

Yeah, it's a tough racket indeed. Publish or perish and all that. The job market is getting a little better than it was 10 years ago, though.

The dissertation is going to focus on various strains of renaissance occultism...I'll be looking at a lot of texts that usually fly under the radar of your everyday english literary studies. Currently collecting the research for the first chapter, which is about "the secret lives of alchemists." Come to think of it, I think I sent you a book awhile back on alchemy in exchange for some comics, yeah?