• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC still reholdering "new" cases?

17 posts in this topic

Hey all,

For the first time in a few months I just looked at the round of comics I got back from CGC in late spring.

75% of them now have the waviness problem.

They didn't have this problem when I first got them back, nor did I notice it afterwards. But the comics have been stored away (safely and properly) for a few months now, without my checking on them, and now that I've gone to look at them in detail again... I notice that most of them have at least some waviness, some of them quite a lot.

Is CGC still offering the service where they will fix everything for free with the modified new case?

"If anyone thinks they have a holder that exhibits a slight wavy appearance, CGC would be happy to evaluate it and, if we agree with your assessment, reholder your book at no charge, as well as cover your shipping expenses. If we feel that reholdering is not warranted, we will still cover your shipping expenses. Any such returns will receive Fast Track service."

For some reason I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I thought everything was fine with these and I dodged the problem. NONE of these had this problem when I looked at them last time, and they haven't been stored in a damp or extremely cold or hot place!

It's 9PM right now and I have to leave on a trip early tomorrow morning, so I don't know when this can get fixed. Just hoping someone can chime in and give me some piece of mind. Would really appreciate it.

Or am I four months too late to do anything about it?

Look at Brittany's post, 5 posts above this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9425591#Post9425591

I'd assume since the post is still up it's still in effect.

Gave them 11 books at nycc. They happily reholdered and shipped back for free... :acclaim:

I am so relieved to hear you say that. THANK YOU.

Do they re-evaluate the grade, or just put it in a new case no questions asked, provided the original isn't cracked?

Based on everything I read on the internet over the last hour (which was a LOT of posts, most of them from June and July), apparently they just give you the same grade.

Which makes sense, because honestly I don't think any of the books are damaged. I think the covers are just lightly sticking to the cases in certain places, causing a wavy appearance but not permanent wrinkles. I think.

There are a few comics I'd actually like to have pressed and regraded, in hopes of raising a 9.6 to a 9.8, but, if it would all be free to just make everything the same grade in a new case, then I'll just go for that.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9425591#Post9425591

Yeah, I saw that and I *guess* it should be still in effect. It's just that it's months old and I hadn't heard or even thought about this problem in so long.

I'm still waiting on getting back books that were submitted a year ago, so I'm anticipating that at least some of them will have waves and/or newton rings. I've got books back from the spring that have waves and newton rings, and I'm holding on to them so I can reholder any problem books once I get them all back.

Gave them 11 books at nycc. They happily reholdered and shipped back for free... :acclaim:

I am so relieved to hear you say that. THANK YOU.

Do they re-evaluate the grade, or just put it in a new case no questions asked, provided the original isn't cracked?

Based on everything I read on the internet over the last hour (which was a LOT of posts, most of them from June and July), apparently they just give you the same grade.

Which makes sense, because honestly I don't think any of the books are damaged. I think the covers are just lightly sticking to the cases in certain places, causing a wavy appearance but not permanent wrinkles. I think.

There are a few comics I'd actually like to have pressed and regraded, in hopes of raising a 9.6 to a 9.8, but, if it would all be free to just make everything the same grade in a new case, then I'll just go for that.

Yeah, I saw that and I *guess* it should be still in effect. It's just that it's months old and I hadn't heard or even thought about this problem in so long.

There are stickied posts that are years old and they are still in effect.

I'd consider any public statement to be in effect unless it was amended or removed.

If any customers have a recent holder without the inner well concept that exhibits a wavy appearance, please contact CGC Customer Service at customerservice@cgccomics.com or 877-662-6642, so that we can explain the free review and reholder process.

Are they reholdering for free all books in the non-inner holder cases, or just those exhibiting waves? I've got a half-dozen without inner wells, but only 2 or 3 are exhibiting waves, so far.

If any customers have a recent holder without the inner well concept that exhibits a wavy appearance, please contact CGC Customer Service at customerservice@cgccomics.com or 877-662-6642, so that we can explain the free review and reholder process.

Are they reholdering for free all books in the non-inner holder cases, or just those exhibiting waves? I've got a half-dozen without inner wells, but only 2 or 3 are exhibiting waves, so far.

I don't know. Did you want me to call them for you? :baiting:

No thanks. Just emailed them. Got a response in a few minutes. (thumbs u

And what was the response?

And what was the response?

That they'd be happy to reholder the books and they sent a link to a submission form.