• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: DD1

12 posts in this topic

Would pressing be able to do anything for this book? I probably wouldn't want to risk it at this grade, but not sure.

IMO.........forget it. pressing is not the answer for every book. there is way too much spine wear and surface scratching on this book and pressing will do nothing to improve those defects. throw it in a mylite 2 with a full back and enjoy a great book.

Would pressing be able to do anything for this book? I probably wouldn't want to risk it at this grade, but not sure.

IMO.........forget it. pressing is not the answer for every book. there is way too much spine wear and surface scratching on this book and pressing will do nothing to improve those defects. throw it in a mylite 2 with a full back and enjoy a great book.

That was my initial thought as well. Thanks!

I'm taking the opposite stance. Press it. It may not help the technical grade, but it will help the aesthetics. Fixing the issues at the top of the front cover and top of the back cover will sure make it look more appealing.

I'm taking the opposite stance. Press it. It may not help the technical grade, but it will help the aesthetics. Fixing the issues at the top of the front cover and top of the back cover will sure make it look more appealing.

True about the top of the book, but I wouldn't want to press for just that. Would pressing/dry cleaning do anything for the color of the book? I think its just age versus dirt.