• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Code Post-Code Transitions

10 posts in this topic

I used to have a number of these, especially from Atlas. Always found it fascinating to compare the last pre-code of a title with the following post-code.

This is a two-scan thread. Few may contribute but I like it so...

If you have pre-code books followed immediately by their post-code counterparts please show us. I recall the diferences between some to be rather striking!

Ace never really was too graphic to start with, but for what it's worth here's Baffling 24, followed by Baffling 26. (Sorry Pov, I don't have 25 which is the first code issue) I have other scans of Baffling in The Undead Thread:Pre-Code Horror if anyone is interested.

791658-baf24.jpg

791658-baf24.jpg.abb880ebe68b26f5afb5620920868e34.jpg

Absolutely! Free speech, I say! Free speech! mad.gif

Indeed. And yet, while not "officially sanctioned" by the governemt, free speech was violated here. In fact, the senate sub-committee's decision to admonish the publishers to come up with a self-governing code" or (to paraphrase) "We (meaning the senate) will do it for you." is tantamount to blackmail.

This simple non-finding basically broke the backs of many comic publishers, including EC (although MAD lived on). But I guess this was the day of McCarthy so what COULD one expect?