• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indiana Comic Con - April 14-16, 2017! Gerry Conway!
2 2

32 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Shaolingoat said:

You know it would have been Spiderpurds or Parkerpurds.  

I think I'm going to change it to Spiderpurds even though it looks like I misspelled "spiderturds"...  Anything beats "comicquant".  I should've at least said it out loud a few times before hitting submit.  :facepalm:

Edited by comicquant

Ended up going on Saturday, was there from 9:15-4:00 with a break for lunch.  Great crowd as the day went on, especially after noon.  While I'll always want more comic sellers, there was a nice mix for all interests.  Felt that the flow of people went well, but I admit my focus was just on the comic sellers' alley.

Spent a lot of time at Dale's setup (hands down the best of the show) and came away with some great looking books.

No reservation at all about attending next year.IMG_3252.thumb.JPG.ab979e40efd699956b4199555f69ff29.JPGIMG_3253.thumb.JPG.8c526d898cf688c25edbff830a9cd2d3.JPG

This was the 4th year for the Indiana Comic Con and it was the best one yet!  A big thanks to the everyone involved putting it together...great job!

Easter weekend was just fine for a comic show....Sunday was a little slower than in the past but that was to be expected being Easter....maybe end at 4:00 on Sunday instead of 5:00.

Already looking forward to ICC 2018!!

Sounds like Dale was the centerpiece dealer at the show.  Dale - was it a good show sales wise considering the Holiday weekend?

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Sounds like Dale was the centerpiece dealer at the show.  Dale - was it a good show sales wise considering the Holiday weekend?

Lol....Dale is one of the best comic dealers in the country and at any show will probably have the best material you will want!

From one of the non-centerpiece guys w/4 booths of vintage material....the show was fantastic.  Being on Easter weekend had no effect at all with the exception of a slower Sunday (expected)....we've set up at each of the Indiana Comic Cons.

My business model is to sell to dealers and to the regular Joe....normally won't see many high grade or keys from me unless you have a dealer badge and get to me early.

Dale can give you his own review but judging from the crowd and my past experience with this convention....Indiana is a great place for a comic show....even on Easter weekend.

Edited by Bearcatcoach
Can't spell...

15 hours ago, Shaolingoat said:

Ended up going on Saturday, was there from 9:15-4:00 with a break for lunch.  Great crowd as the day went on, especially after noon.  While I'll always want more comic sellers, there was a nice mix for all interests.  Felt that the flow of people went well, but I admit my focus was just on the comic sellers' alley.

Spent a lot of time at Dale's setup (hands down the best of the show) and came away with some great looking books.

No reservation at all about attending next year.IMG_3252.thumb.JPG.ab979e40efd699956b4199555f69ff29.JPGIMG_3253.thumb.JPG.8c526d898cf688c25edbff830a9cd2d3.JPG

Awesome books Josh!  I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times, that hulk is sweet.  It was good hanging out with you and the boy.  I'm smelling a tradition in the making!

34 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Lol....Dale is one of the best comic dealers in the country and at any show will probably have the best material you will want!

From one of the non-centerpiece guys w/4 booths of vintage material....the show was fantastic.  Being on Easter weekend had no effect at all with the exception of a slower Sunday (expected)....we've set up at each of the Indiana Comic Cons.

My business model is to sell to dealers and to the regular Joe....normally won't see many high grade or keys from me unless you have a dealer badge and get to me early.

Dale can give you his own revue but judging from the crowd and my past experience with this convention....Indiana is a great place for a comic show....even on Easter weekend.

It's definitely on my list of Cons to check out next year since it's not too far from Cleveland.  Glad to hear it was a successful show!

4 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Awesome books Josh!  I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times, that hulk is sweet.  It was good hanging out with you and the boy.  I'm smelling a tradition in the making!

Yeah, the boy is already planning on next year.  "Make sure you clear your call schedule for next April," is what he told me last night.