• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long before is it ok to cancel an eBay order?

10 posts in this topic

I sold a book on eBay on Sunday via an auction. It has now been three days, and I have heard nothing from the person who won the auction. I sent an invoice yesterday (after 48 hours had passed) reminding them they had won, and once they pay I will send the books out ASAP. It has been another 24 plus hours now, and I have had no replies from the buyer.

After what period of time is it OK to cancel the order? How much time do you give people? Personally when I win on eBay I pay immediately.

I sold a book on eBay on Sunday via an auction. It has now been three days, and I have heard nothing from the person who won the auction. I sent an invoice yesterday (after 48 hours had passed) reminding them they had won, and once they pay I will send the books out ASAP. It has been another 24 plus hours now, and I have had no replies from the buyer.

After what period of time is it OK to cancel the order? How much time do you give people? Personally when I win on eBay I pay immediately.

It's fine that you sent an invoice, but if you didn't state in your posting you wanted to be paid in a certain amount of days, I think 5 business days isn't the biggest deal. For sure more than 3 business days.

I was going to give it a little more time, but was trying to get a feeling about what others do. I do not want to cancel the transaction. The only other time I had somebody wait for awhile, I sent an invoice and got paid almost right away.

It's fine that you sent an invoice, but if you didn't state in your posting you wanted to be paid in a certain amount of days, I think 5 business days isn't the biggest deal. For sure more than 3 business days.

I did not state a pay period in the listing. I have several BIN's up there at the moment, that do state I will be unavailable to mail in the beginning of November.

I waited one week and just filed a no payment case. I had tried to contact the buyer and I did send and invoice. No response or contact from their end. A second buyer I have came right out and said, I want a different item, but payment will be delayed till X date. No issue on waiting on that one.