• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever purchase from Westfield comics?

10 posts in this topic

They had a book that is out of print but on in high demand on their website. So I took a chance that it was actually in stock and not one of these online stores that list everything and hope to order it when a customer wants it.

So I pay via paypal and nothing for three days. I log on and finally see that the order was canceled. I look in Paypal no refund. WTF? I email them and the reply email states Credit balance in the amount of purchase. Still nothing in Paypal. Are they seriously going to issue a store credit?

I emailed them again and reinstated my desire to get a refund through my paypal. I guess this will be my first paypal charge back. This completely will make me never trust another store via internet search.

I am just going to order a used copy but I would have rather had a new one. I should of just stayed on Amazon.

They were Huge in the late 80s but I wasn't aware they were still around.

If their stated policy is no refunds, credit only, I'm not sure what PayPal will do.

Could be. I didn't read anything like that during checkout though. I don't think I have ever purchased online were they didn't offer a refund.

Here's their return policy:

We can accept returns for the following reasons only:

You receive an item you did not order.

You receive an item that is defective or damaged.

You receive an item that is not as described in our monthly Westfield Comics catalogue or on our web site.

You receive an item listed as returnable in Product Update.

In all cases, you must contact Customer Service for Return Authorization first. Items returned without prior authorization will be returned to you.

Returns or cancellations for any other reason will be handled on a case-by-case basis, and may be subject to a 25% cancellation / restocking fee. However, you must contact Customer Service to receive Return Authorization prior to any returns.

-=----------------------------

Mind you, they don't have the item in stock. So why not refund. This is fun. Nothing like off a new customer.

I ordered from them several times a few years ago. I haven't ordered again because of poor customer service. I received a book that was bent and torn on the back cover. I sent two emails asking for a refund/return and never received a replay at all.

I have paypal funds. So I was treating myself. I put a complaint through Paypal last night. All it does is email the seller with my explanation for requesting a refund. I believe I can escalate it should the seller become uncooperative.

This is absurd. I never heard of any company taking a consumers money and attempting to keep it when they never had the product in stock.

I have noticed more and more online comics stores list out of print items on their website. My guess is that it is in hopes of drawing more traffic to their website. But I never heard of this type of trap where they try to keep your money.

I didn't order the book on Amazon because they don't take paypal and half.off.ebay didn't have a decent copy for a good price.

I am sure I will get my money back but this is a disgraceful way of running a business.