• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Comics # 1

63 posts in this topic

Here's my copy (I've posted it before) - never been on the census, I absolutely love it: :cloud9:

100_1016.jpg

Wow ! Talk about giving the HA copy a run for its money.

Thanks Peter - there's a 1/4" top spine split and a small bindery chip on the back cover, so the HA copy is technically better.

Wonder Comics 1 is such a beautiful and historically significant book. :cloud9:

And totally under-valued considering that significance.

Here's my copy (I've posted it before) - never been on the census, I absolutely love it: :cloud9:

100_1016.jpg

Wow, Steve, that's a beautiful book!

Thanks Frank! I got it from Jamie Graham about 25 years ago, it was a big purchase for me but he was very fair on the price and even accepted partial trade, so I pulled the trigger.

So glad that I did. :)

The CGC 9.4 in the upcoming Heritage auction is gorgeous.

Looks like the owner is trying to cash out on the book after picking it up for almost $70K back in 2014.

Although Fox books have definitely been on fire recently, not sure how much of a win (if any at all), this will be for the consignor once the HA fees are factored in. hm

If I owned the book, considering action 1 in 9.4 would about 4 mil, I would not sell it for less than 500K period. This is a museum piece...a true part of comic book history...it should sell for 250K this auction....But it could go for a bargain price much lower..clearly one of the best books coming to the market this year..with a great upside. Cong to the new owner...hopefully a member, rather than George Lucus...

Looks like the owner is trying to cash out on the book after picking it up for almost $70K back in 2014.

Although Fox books have definitely been on fire recently, not sure how much of a win (if any at all), this will be for the consignor once the HA fees are factored in. hm

If I owned the book, considering action 1 in 9.4 would about 4 mil, I would not sell it for less than 500K period. This is a museum piece...a true part of comic book history...it should sell for 250K this auction....But it could go for a bargain price much lower..clearly one of the best books coming to the market this year..with a great upside. Cong to the new owner...hopefully a member, rather than George Lucus...

Mitch;

When I saw your numbers, I had to go back to see what book we were actually talking about. lol

There is absolutely no way in the world that this book will see even close to $250K, let along the $500K figure that you would sell it for. After all, the Wonder 1 is really nothing more than a niche collector's book, and although historically important, there is really nothing mainstream, or any cross media exposure with this non-classic cover book which appears to be the driving forces behind the current hot marketplace. hm

Looks like you could easily pick up this book for a bargain price according to your point of view, if you really wanted to. :gossip:

I agree it will not hit 250K but at some point it will, for that book it a winner

Just kidding, but... ok, not-kidding really, but playing devil's advocate: If the top copy of the first appearance of Bender, which has 84 copies on the census, can go for $100k, can the top copy of Wonder 1 go for $250k within, say, the next decade?

Yeah, it can.

[insert counter-argument about GGA and Schomberg here ;) ]

The green label to my understanding has always been for books that would be at least two points higher without the presence of a single defect (ie not for general wear or acculumations of defects). There's never been any stipulation so far as I know that the defect must be this or that.

Thank for that info. I never knew this before and the label certainly makes more sense when you understand this.

Big big loss :sorry:

Mitch;

When I saw your numbers, I had to go back to see what book we were actually talking about. lol

There is absolutely no way in the world that this book will see even close to $250K, let along the $500K figure that you would sell it for. After all, the Wonder 1 is really nothing more than a niche collector's book, and although historically important, there is really nothing mainstream, or any cross media exposure with this non-classic cover book which appears to be the driving forces behind the current hot marketplace. hm

Looks like you could easily pick up this book for a bargain price according to your point of view, if you really wanted to. :gossip:

$46,000 ($54,970.00 with BP)

Yikes !

A loss :(

Hey Mitch;

Congrats on picking up a historical museum piece at such a bargain basement price and for only around one-tenth of what you will eventually sell it for. :applause:lol

Although it is definitely a loss for the consignor on this particular go round, it looks like it's going to be a humongous win for Mitch when he gets around to selling it. :gossip:

Mitch;

$46,000 ($54,970.00 with BP)

Yikes !

A loss :(

Hey Mitch;

Congrats on picking up a historical museum piece at such a bargain basement price and for only around one-tenth of what you will eventually sell it for. :applause:lol

Although it is definitely a loss for the consignor on this particular go round, it looks like it's going to be a humongous win for Mitch when he gets around to selling it. :gossip:

lol

Sad to see some high rollers losing $$ on 'investment' quality GA keys. I like to read my funny books: :golfclap:

8bYpDoX.jpg

You do realize that you are allowed to keep the book together to read them. It's not necessary to take the pages apart in order to read them. :gossip:lol

Seriously though, it looks like you have some pretty nice GA books in your personal collection. (thumbs u