• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee Los Angeles Comikaze Comiccon-- any OA?

5 posts in this topic

Usually there's never any legitimate OA dealers like Albert Moy, Anthony Snyder, Scott Eder, Mike Burkey, Graphic Collectibles, Kwan Chang, Splash Page Art, etc. You may be luckily unlucky if maybe Coolines exhibits, but other than that I don't think I've ever seen a dealer who is dedicated to selling OA.

There may be some random dealers who sell both comic books and comic art (like Heroes from Campbell, CA) or of course in artist's alley, from the artists themselves.

But if you're looking for true original art shopping at the convention, bring an internet device and shop online as there's really not much there. In fact, even with comic book directly related stuff, the convention felt more like a Wizard World pop culture festival with more of the B-List Celebrity Guests, Cosplay, and random stuff that may be of peripheral interest, but if you collect comic books, it's not as robust a selection as you'd think.

It's still fun to attend and look around 'tho.

i saw no OA whatsoever when I went of Friday

All of the OA were direct from artists either commissions or published pages. So, if you went to see Norm Rapmund you'd find pencils he inked with Brett Booth, Dan Jurgens, Ian Churhill and others; there also was David Finch and Mike Mayhew who had published covers; overall a lot of top named artists selling D2C... direct to consumer, which is usually the best way to get artwork, eliminating the middle man (or woman).