• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheapest way to ship a slabbed book to Canada via FedEx from USA or USPS

12 posts in this topic

Can someone let me know what is the cheapest option with FedEx Shipping a slabbed book from the Tennessee U.S to Toronto Canada with insurance?

The person sending me the book says International priority is $97. What's the cheapest way with no rush! ?

Is UDPS better then Fed Ex?

I appreciate any feedback.

BTW I will pay the customs once here.

Thanks

Can someone let me know what is the cheapest option with FedEx Shipping a slabbed book from the Tennessee U.S to Toronto Canada with insurance?

The person sending me the book says International priority is $97. What's the cheapest way with no rush! ?

Thanks

If it has to be FedEx, FedEx ground is cheaper.

Thanks

What do you think is a cheaper option with the people you deal with?

Thanks

What do you think is a cheaper option with the people you deal with?

USPS Priority mail would be $33ish with paypal discount for up to a 2 lb package and you could insure it for up to $675. If you need more than that, you would have to go slowest/cheapest Fed Ex method and get up to $1K of actual coverage.

USPS First class package is only $15 for 2 lbs or less with tracking, but no insurance.

One slabbed book costs $97 with USPS? Doesn't that sound rather excessive?

Not if he's spending $70 on insurance.

All depends on how much you're paying for insurance.

C'mon, Alex. We need more details to give an informed opinion. :sumo:

Right if its going USPS Express (Guaranteed Delivery Date) then you can insure it up to $5000. So between the insurance cost and postage cost it could get to that $97 figure.

The book is worth $3000 and would be shipped from Tennessee.

$97 smackers seems high, but I guess for international priority with insurance that's the going rate!?

$97 smackers seems high, but I guess for international priority with insurance that's the going rate!?

First off, make sure he is actually sending it USPS Priority Mail Express Intl (Guaranteed Delivery Date). If that is the case, shipping for a 2 lb box is going to be just under $50. And the insurance would run $36.55. Total would be $85. Most likely if label printed via paypal, that $50 charge is going to be a little less.

If its being shipped just USPS Priority, then that postage rate cost is going to be 40% cheaper. And sure you could declare the package worth $3K. But it can only be actually insured for up to $675.

Note for 3 lb box, postage cost jumps up $5

First off, make sure he is actually sending it USPS Priority Mail Express Intl (Guaranteed Delivery Date). If that is the case, shipping for a 2 lb box is going to be just under $50. And the insurance would run $36.55. Total would be $85. Most likely if label printed via paypal, that $50 charge is going to be a little less.

If its being shipped just USPS Priority, then that postage rate cost is going to be 40% cheaper. And sure you could declare the package worth $3K. But it can only be actually insured for up to $675.

Note for 3 lb box, postage cost jumps up $5

I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

(thumbs u