• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Comic Shop "Page Missing" question

14 posts in this topic

There's a book I'm looking at buying from Mycomicshop that simply states "page missing. does not affect art or story". I was wondering if it was an ad page or the letters page so I messaged them and they only replied with a canned template response that says something to the effect of they're too large to look into it.

Does anyone have any experience with them to know if the letters page was missing if they would specifically call it out? I've seen cases where they say "ad page missing", but I couldn't find any examples where they said "letters page missing".

It may seem odd, but I would be ok with an ad page missing, but to me the letters page is a key part of the comic so I wouldn't want to buy the book in that case.

If anyone has any info I would appreciate it.

There's a book I'm looking at buying from Mycomicshop that simply states "page missing. does not affect art or story". I was wondering if it was an ad page or the letters page so I messaged them and they only replied with a canned template response that says something to the effect of they're too large to look into it.

That's more info then you'll get from Jamie Newbold lol

Conan,

I searched the MCS website for information regarding restoration. I could not find if MyComicShop has a policy regarding books you sell and whether there is a guarantee against restoration.

Do you have a policy on comics you sell and whether they have any restoration or not?

Thanks.

If we fail to detect restoration in a book we sell, you'd be welcome to return it even well past the usual timeframe in which returns are allowed. If you incurred shipping/CGC costs that led to you discovering the restoration we missed, I'd take care of those too. For something like that, or a return well past our usual return deadline, suggest you contact me directly.

If we fail to detect restoration in a book we sell, you'd be welcome to return it even well past the usual timeframe in which returns are allowed. If you incurred shipping/CGC costs that led to you discovering the restoration we missed, I'd take care of those too. For something like that, or a return well past our usual return deadline, suggest you contact me directly.

Very cool. Thank you.

(thumbs u