• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which retailers do consistent grading?

17 posts in this topic

I've bought a few raw books from bob storms at highgradecomics.com and compared to most you get more for the grade. Plus you can make offers. I've bought from a few of the other large online retailers before but am comfortable saying you'll be happy with whatever you get from HGC...

If I can toot my own horn, most people are happy with my grading.

(thumbs u

Link to my Kudos thread on this chat forum (I was previously called r1970d both here and on eBay until I started my company VintageComics.com)

My kudos thread.

I mostly sell graded books (because I'm primarily mail order) but I do sell raw books as well from time to time.

(thumbs u

Link to my Kudos thread on this chat forum (I was previously called r1970d both here and on eBay until I started my company VintageComics.com)

My kudos thread.

I mostly sell graded books (because I'm primarily mail order) but I do sell raw books as well from time to time.

If I could afford it, I'd buy from this guy :)

(thumbs u

My kudos thread.

Yep, shaolingoat (bought a sweet Avengers #9 from you not too long ago) recommended you, Storms and maybe one other when I got back into collecting. He's a good friend of mine so could take it to the bank. No doubt I'll be buying a big key from you for my ASM run one of these days...

Cool. Thanks for the nice words.

My website isn't always up to date....I know, I know, it should be but truth is it's a pain in the butt to navigate the back end and I'm going to revamp it before I start actively using it again. For now, eBay is the best place to look for current inventory unless it's on the chat forum first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vintagecomics_by_roy/m.html?item=282217673669&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Cool. Thanks for the nice words.

My website isn't always up to date....I know, I know, it should be but truth is it's a pain in the butt to navigate the back end and I'm going to revamp it before I start actively using it again. For now, eBay is the best place to look for current inventory unless it's on the chat forum first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vintagecomics_by_roy/m.html?item=282217673669&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Those are some awesome books! I'm trying to offload all of my MA books right now to put toward my Spidey run. I no longer buy MA books so figured the lesson of getting rid of them will be one well-learned! Don't know how long it will take but I've got my lookers on that #42!

Of the major dealers...

Bob Storms

James Payette

Steve Ritter

Dave Reynolds

Rick Whitelock

Greg Reece

Dave Kapelka

Jamie Newbold

Terry O'Neil (prices are high, but grading is accurate)

and... some people will balk, Richie Muchin.

sure I missed someone...

Here's the thing, I'm quite certain almost all the major dealers CAN grade, and grade accurately, but whether it's reflected in their inventory is another matter.

Hit or miss with smaller dealers too, but I find them much more flexible in their willingness to adjust prices if you point out issues with grading.

It is probably easier to pick out those dealers who "overgrade" and should be avoided. There are numerous good dealers out there who properly grade their books, but then there are the few that consistently overgrade their books in a significant way (more than a point).

It is probably easier to pick out those dealers who "overgrade" and should be avoided. There are numerous good dealers out there who properly grade their books, but then there are the few that consistently overgrade their books in a significant way (more than a point).

I'm not sure about intentionally or not, but I actually am not sure that's true...

Brian Peets would be on the list of accurate graders for me as well.