• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many people here have both a buying & selling id on ebay?

42 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this after a recent seller charged me out the bleep.I would just like to hear opinions on the subject from everyone (pros & cons).I've noticed alot of sellers & buyers on here have perfect feedback,even in the multiples of hundreds.So how many of you have sacrificed for the sake of perfect feedback?...... popcorn.gif

Not sure what you're asking here. Are you asking if we have separate eBay ID's for buying and selling?

No,that's not important to me.I just want opinions about having a buying id also if your a seller.Well I can't think of any other place to put it,would you rather me PM everyone on the forum & ask? stooges.gif

I buy and sell, but about 90% of my transactions (these days) are selling. I used to buy much more though. Anyway, I just take my chances and have always used the same account for everything. Since I always pay immediately and try to be as good of a seller as I can be, I just don't worry about it. Works for me.

I have one id for both buying and selling. But, after 6 years of actively buying and selling, my feedback is so high that a couple of negatives won't affect me. (I only have 2 retaliatory negs out of almost 3000 unique feedback).

I also use one ID. I have over 500 positive feedback responses (445 unique) and only one negative -- a retaliatory from a guy who sold me a pirated DVD.

I buy and sell, but about 90% of my transactions (these days) are selling. I used to buy much more though. Anyway, I just take my chances and have always used the same account for everything. Since I always pay immediately and try to be as good of a seller as I can be, I just don't worry about it. Works for me.

Same here.

I see. Well, I have 100% positive feedback, with a score of 111. Most of it, probably a good 85-90% is from buying over the last 5 or 6 years. I have sold from the same account though, items like old text books I wanted to get rid of, and video games I don't care to keep any longer.

I suppose, if you sell a large number of items each month, I can see why people may use a separate ID for buying. But if you are a good eBayer, it would probably be more beneficial to use just one ID. That way you still improve your feedback score, as long as you receive positive feedback.

I have 3 i.d's - one main (tomega) for buying and moderate selling, one for mostly selling, and one for people who run scam auctions and I bid to find out who they are an dput a stop to them.

I have 3 i.d's - one main (tomega) for buying and moderate selling, one for mostly selling, and one for people who run scam auctions and I bid to find out who they are an dput a stop to them.

In my opinion, I would feel mislead if I was bidding on something being sold from someone who I knew had more ID's. IMHO.

By the way, tomega. You "regged" for the boards on my 24th birthday. thumbsup2.gif