• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wesley Snipes files $5 million lawsuit against New Line Cinema over Blade 3

21 posts in this topic

http://chud.com/news/2589

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR BLADE IV

By Devin Faraci

Contributing sources: Variety

A lot of people didn't like Blade: Trinity. One of them is Wesley Snipes. Passenger 57 disliked the movie so much, in fact, that he has sued New Line.

The suit claims that his contract was violated when the -script, director and cast were forced upon him. Snipes says that he didn't know that David Goyer - who had written the other two installments - would be helming this time until 6 weeks before photography. He goes on to say that Goyer was a "disastrous choice" and that he didn't have time to object to the "juvenile humor" in the screenplay before shooting started. Snipes also whines that the real purpose of the film was to create spinoff characters for New Line.

And if that wasn't enough, Snipes cries racism - he says that unlike the first two Blades, which had multi-racial crews, this one was a whites-only affair, leaving Snipes feeling isolated (must be tough being the only millionaire on a movie set). What's more, Variety says: He also claims that Goyer made racially motivated statements about Snipes being unprofessional and difficult to work with, and that Goyer refused to discipline a crew member who wore a racially discriminatory T-shirt on the set.

It's no secret there was trouble on the set; Snipes wrote a five page letter to New Line person_without_enough_empathying. But this is a much bigger step - the suit is for over 5 million dollars.

Obviously this is the end of the Blade franchise (although that was pretty obvious after the third film's anemic box office). Snipes is a well known oddball who has a tendency to torpedo his own career, and while he may have some points (and while he may be legitimately owed 3 million, another part of the suit), I can't imagine why he would want to make a federal court rule on whether David Goyer is a [#@$%!!!] director. It almost seems like he wants to have official, legal distancing between himself and this film.

Right. What other work is Wesley going to get? Blade is all he has going for him right now. I don't see White Men Can't Jump II ... or what I would call "White Men Can Jump, Too" ... being made any time soon, or ever.

Right. What other work is Wesley going to get? Blade is all he has going for him right now. I don't see White Men Can't Jump II ... or what I would call "White Men Can Jump, Too" ... being made any time soon, or ever.

Black Panther The Movie

Black Panther The Movie

I really hope you're joking ... but I have a bad feeling you're not. foreheadslap.gif

Goyer was a disastrous choice, the guy wrote all three movies, and only directed the last one. When you watch all three, you can tell, that in the first two, the directors toned down his more....urban...style.

When Goyer finally got to direct the whole style of the movie changed to hip hop/rap. All sorts of stuff was coming out like that game with Blade and RZA fighting gold toothed vampires.

Goyer is a fine writer, but he needs someone else to wrangle with him and bring his writing to the screen.

As to the film being racist... screwy.gif

Black Panther The Movie

I read yesterday that they're working on a Luke Cage movie, too, so there's that possibility. 27_laughing.gif And get this - they're trying to get Jamie Foxx to play Cage. Somehow, after getting so much critical acclaim for starring in "Ray", I really don't see playing Luke Cage as a step up for Jamie. smile.gif

I read yesterday that they're working on a Luke Cage movie, too, so there's that possibility. 27_laughing.gif And get this - they're trying to get Jamie Foxx to play Cage. Somehow, after getting so much critical acclaim for starring in "Ray", I really don't see playing Luke Cage as a step up for Jamie. smile.gif

Not to mention the boy is about 5'9" on a good day.

Black Panther The Movie

Now I have heard Luke Cage rumors as well, and I believe I once heard Snipes was up for the part.

wouldn't the big guy from green mile/sin city by the perfect Cage?

i think so...

Michael Clarke Duncan is too big for the role, while Wesley is too small. Although it depends which Cage we're talking about - the one from the 70s, or the more recent, older version.

wouldn't the big guy from green mile/sin city by the perfect Cage?

i think so...

Michael Clarke Duncan is too big for the role, while Wesley is too small. Although it depends which Cage we're talking about - the one from the 70s, or the more recent, older version.

i was thinking 70s....didn't know of a newer version...

i just have a memories of the comics and him being much larger than your average guy...

I agree. M. Clark Duncan is too large. Would make for a good villian though. Remember, he did play The Kingpin in Daredevil.

J. Foxx would have to be flat broke to take the part. His career has risen to a new level with "Ray".

My too best choices would be Will Smith (looked great in I-Robot), but maybe too nice of a guy.

The other would be LL Cool. He's buff enough and has some street cred. Otherwise, go with an unknown as Cage and big name actors as villians. That was the original formula for Batman.

If Jamie Foxx is on some kind of new level, then how can you say Will Smith would take the part? Will Smith is a far bigger star than Foxx, Foxx has done some nice work, but I don't exactly think he'd consider himself "above" playing super hero roles.

Vin diesel as Cage? or the newest black action hero, Ice Cube as triple X 27_laughing.gif

Actually I can see Ice cube as Luke Cage

He can carry the anger needed.

After all ICE cube is the NEW Triple X