• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original artwork for marvel comics # 1..HERITAGE AUCTION

17 posts in this topic

anyone care to quess what this piece will go for in the upcomming auction by heritage? re[original artwork marvel comics # 1 last page of sub-mariner story.

i believe the page is owned by jay,,i believe the last time it was sold it went for 120k...what do you think?

I'm betting on Reserve Not Met.

i agree totally. I do not think it will meet the reserve., .....it was gotten from P. Morisi with some other material for 50....and a bunch of material with the page flipped to hughes/parino for 250k.....they have about 125 to 150 in the piece (I believe).....at this point at this price it becomes what i call a "trophy" piece.....at this level few collectors within the hobby can afford it.....If it goes it may go to a non-comicbook guy who is talked into how 'historical' it is and what a great "trophy" it is for a single piece/investment....

It would look great on my wall, but darn-it...i seem to be out of wall space (for now)....jb

forget the reserve!...what do you think this piece is worth in dollars?

as a GUESS and purely a guess.....75-100.....It only takes two to tango on auction....or actually one depending on the reserve and 'that one' wants it.....i will ask the boys over at the comicartlist.....

ya know,i really do want to take a shot at that marvel 1 artwork,,but i know parrinos going to have a crazy reserve...it was listed for the breafist of time for 250k by him on the internet..just a very short time than it dissapered,,did any of you know that..its a fact,if you blinked you missed it...

forget the reserve!...what do you think this piece is worth in dollars?

as a GUESS and purely a guess.....75-100.....It only takes two to tango on auction....or actually one depending on the reserve and 'that one' wants it.....i will ask the boys over at the comicartlist.....

I agree with Jon.

However, more importantly, I agree with GoldenCollector. It won't meet reserve.

ya know,i really do want to take a shot at that marvel 1 artwork,,but i know parrinos going to have a crazy reserve...it was listed for the breafist of time for 250k by him on the internet..just a very short time than it dissapered,,did any of you know that..its a fact,if you blinked you missed it...

I might be wrong, but I thought it was listed on his site for the longest time.