• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE RAREST GOLDEN AGE "KEY" BOOK!!

30 posts in this topic

famous funnies series 1....a gerber 10...and overstreet"very rare"

2nd would be "the big book of fun comics...

remember i said KEY golden age books, so dont hit me with new fun 2!!

by the way,i have seen at least 7 different copies of that book!

famous funnies series 1 was the 1st modern comic book to be SOLD on a news stand....funnies on parade and century of comics which pre dated it were give aways...famous funnies series 1 had a very tiny print run of 35,000..i have seen 2 copies of this book .

NEW FUN 6 IS TUFF[1ST SEAGLE N SHUSTER WORK IN COMICS]

and of course motion picture funnies weekly....#1...

duuuuude - - -for a big time collector and Action 1 owner, your spelling memory is awful!! : )

Steven Seagle never wrote a single comic book in his life.

Depends on grade. Of the top 100 books listed in Overstreet in 9.0+ it would be Superman #1 followed by All American #16. In any grade it would be Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1.

West

PS I am not including the Timely Annuals as they are Canadian reprint books.

duuuuude - - -for a big time collector and Action 1 owner, your spelling memory is awful!! : )

Actually, Steven Seagle wrote Sandman Mystery Theatre for a number of years, the House of Secrets mini-series, and a short run of X-men among other projects.

Actually, Steven Seagle wrote Sandman Mystery Theatre for a number of years, the House of Secrets mini-series, and a short run of X-men among other projects.

seagle2.jpg

MARVEL MYSTERY ANNUAL 128 PAGE B&W GERBER 10 LESS THAN 5 COPIES EXTANT.

I POSSESS THE VARIANT EDITION WITH THE CONTENTS OF CAP 22 AND MM 41 AND I HAVE THE 2ND KNOWN COPY.

Do my fellow Formulites concurr on this books rareity in terms of a GA key??

It is a "KEY" as far as Timely One Shots go, not in terms of say for example of a first appearance or anything like that.

Any Timely Completist whom is lacking this particular book will consider this a "KEY" or perhaps "GRAIL" would be a more appropriate term.

I stand corrected