• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many NM Amazing Spider-Man copies pre-100?

14 posts in this topic

There was a terrific thread going where a number of you posted photos of multiples of certain ASM copies like 151 and 200. Are there any piles of NM AMS pre 100? How many NM copies are there out there? Is anyone sitting on a large stack of ASMs waiting for some reason to bring them out in the daylight?

Anyone have ASM 114 and/or 148 in NM 9.4? Not pre-100, but I can't find a copy...

Thanks!

Mike

60-100 are certainly not hard to find, there are a few exceptions..but for the most part I'd consider them somewhat common in high grade. There's some certain issues pre-50 that are fairly easy as well but no real run of books.

Brian

Zillatoy posted a list from a major warehouse find back in the early 90's(?) that had a ton of high grade Marvels from the mid-late 60's.

This and other evidence points to all Spideys above #20 being pretty easy to find in high grade.

What's your definition of "easy to find"? There are several Spideys above 20 I've had a fairly difficult time finding in 9.0 or above. Some issues in that range almost always go for multiples of Overstreet even in 9.0. If you think some of those are easy, can I give you my want list? cool.gif

"60-100 are certainly not hard to find"

You always say this, and I always respond by saying take #60 out of that. I'm constantly hunting down HG copies of ASM #39-#80, and #60 has been one of the toughest for me to find in true NM or higher. Besides the recent CGC 9.6 on ebay with the high opening bid, I've rarely seen copies above NM.

I mentioned there are a few exceptions..60 is one, 69 is somewhat tough, 72 is really tough, 75 is a little hard to find, etc etc.. One of the problems with this title is, that despite there are some high census numbers a majority of those are in Spider-man collectors collections..thus they aren't really moving at all. So while books in that range aren't real hard to find in 9.4, they are a bit harder to find in the marketplace in 9.4

Brian

Exactly. If any title is beloved, it's Spidey. That's why, despite the climbing census #'s, prices remain extremely strong. There may be the occasional dip(like there is with any book) but if anyone is waiting for prices to come down on these "common" Spideys under #100, they'll be waiting for a long time. I remember being able to snag a couple 9.4's for around $150-$175 about a year and a half ago. Now, it's a challenge to get them in the $200-$250 range.

Personally I vote for ASM #63 to be the hardest to find in that range. The highest grade currently is a 9.4 (yes I have one) and there are only 46 that have been graded in total. This is the only ASM book where I am trying to get a run of grades and I can tell you it is extremely difficult.