• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCBS

24 posts in this topic

Hi,

I decided on placing an order with them (DCBS) a couple months back and got my books yesterday and about 30 books came back damaged. Has anyone had much success with DCBS when it comes to replacing books that are damaged? I've emailed them after I noticed the damage yesterday but wanted to know what I should expect from them.

Thanks.

I have been using them every month for 10 full years - no kidding. It stinks your books were damaged but that is not the norm with them. I feel like most of the time mine look as good or better than ones I can find on the shelf when I'm at a store. I would give them another try.

I've placed an order every month since March 2006, so over 10 years as well. Out of these 120+ orders / shipments, I've only ever had to email on a damaged item once or maybe twice and it's been taken care of with an easy replacement. Plus, it was only one item out of many that got a corner ding. Got my monthly shipment today and all was in great condition. I get a lot large odd format strip reprint books and they have to send them in odd shape boxes and even those have arrived in great condition.

What did you hear from them?

They got back to me today and said I can send back the damaged books. Kind of pissed that it happened but at least they're willing to replace the books, if they still have it in stock. There were about 30+ books that were damaged.

Here are pics of the books. Just disappointed that this was my first order with them and the books were received damaged.

<a  href=https://s21.postimg.org/qrl9k71pf/20161102_194408.jpg' alt='20161102_194408.jpg'> 20161102_194452.jpg 20161102_194531.jpg 20161102_194613.jpg 20161102_194710.jpg [/img]

Whoah. That's bad. In over 10 years I've never gotten books from them to me that kind of shape.

You should definitely return them. Based on my interactions with their support team, I would think they would go out of their way to try to satisfy a new customer.