• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blowing a fan at an old book to get that musty smell out: dumb or stupid?

32 posts in this topic

With a musty book, best to 'air' it in a dry bright room but not in direct sunlight. Open the book and turn the pages every few hours and repeat depending on severity. Yes, blowing a fan on a book is dumb.

With a musty book, best to 'air' it in a dry bright room but not in direct sunlight. Open the book and turn the pages every few hours and repeat depending on severity. Yes, blowing a fan on a book is dumb.

I do this, but couple it with placing the book in a freezer for 24 hours or so, which can kill mood spores.

It's probably a good idea to bag the book, though. lol

Fabreeze

Oh No! lol..I've gotten some books that must have been Fabreezed, they smell like perfume, they make me sneeze;)

I've heard about kitty litter and baking soda.

Don't sprinkle the baking soda on the BOOK;) just open the box, like you do in your fridge and put the whole thing in a sealed plastic container for a few days.

Not that I do that, I just bag them and board them Good porous backing boards and with that CGC microchamber paper stuff, it seems to work after a while.

I do this, but couple it with placing the book in a freezer for 24 hours or so, which can kill mood spores.

So if my husband is cranky, I can freeze him and he'll be in a better "mood"?

I got up way too early, I'm spacey;) :jokealert:

So if my husband is cranky, I can freeze him and he'll be in a better "mood"?

I got up way too early, I'm spacey;) :jokealert:

lol

I was going to go back and fix it, but that's just too good a typo to remove.

Just don't mess with the mood spores when they're red... wait till they're blue.