• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's currently on your bookshelf and in your stereo?

190 posts in this topic

Currently reading...

1. The Mirror of Magic - Kurt Seligmann

2. Chaos: Making a New Science - James Gleick

3.. The Transition of H.P. Lovecraft: The Road to Madness - H.P. Lovecraft

4. Green Lantern/Green Arrow: vol 1, 2 - Adams/O'Neil

In my stereo:

1. Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies to Paralyze

2. Social Distortion: Sex, Love and Rock 'n Roll

3. Jawbreaker: Dear You

I just had a greek salad and a sausage spinach pizza.

cloud9.gif

Now I am typing this post...

Now I am hitting submit post

And soon I will be reading my post...3...2...1..

Ze-

Bookshelf-

1. Generation Kill- Evan Wright (just finished)

2. In the Company of Soldiers-Rick Atkinson (pondering on stopping)

3. Cancer Ward- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

4. Dictionary of Theories - (flipping through)

Stereo-

Nothing, I've kind of stopped listening to music, aside from the classical stuff that's been on my winamp player fort the past few months.

cloud9.gif

Ze-

Wow...exciting stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Too busy reading Silver and Bronze Age runs of Marvel to read anything else and as far as my stereo goes.....

Pink Floyd's the Wall and Chicago 1, 2 and 3.

cloud9.gif

Ze-

893naughty-thumb.gif Don't confuse this with one of Currin's threads. Though I like those too...

Hmmm, I have the Division Bell by PF on my short play list on my CD changer in the car. Along with Wish You Were Here, and Everything Must Go by The Dan. (Steely that is.)

Reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, re-reading Dr. Bloodmoney by Philip K. . I also have a pile on my night table of Greggy's semi-sweet 100 Page castoffs that he sent me. Shazam.

My brain has been tired lately, that's my only excuse. foreheadslap.gif

Currently reading A History Of Britain 1776 - 2000 by Simon Schama. Prior to that it was Chabon's Kavalier and Clay. I'll be reading Mike Carey's new Hellblazer GN, All My Engines, tomorrow - looks good.

On The Stereo:

Led Zeppelin: How The West Was Won (live 3CD)

Suede: Dog Man Star

Dandy Warhols: Thirteen Tales etc.

Beck: Odelay / Midnite Vultures

Alice Cooper: Best Of (would you believe - and yes, it ain't bad)

New QOTSA album good?

The Oath John Lescroart

4 Star Wars books i dont know the names of

In the cd player, a mix cd that i just burned, got a little Velvet Revolver, Linkin Park, Green Day, Rage against the machine, etc. Good pisssed off music. Or good to listen to at wrestling practice

New QOTSA album good?

The new QOTSA is awesome. I like it better than their prior efforts (though Restricted is a good album as well). The first two songs are weak, but the rest is gold.

How is that Zeppelin live album? I absolutely love the BBC sessions (all live broadcasts from 69 and 71). You should pick that up if you don't already have it. Just oozes raw energy.

Last read novel was

Glen Cook's - The Black Company

"Shadow Games" 1st book of the south

The Black Company books are enjoyable quick reads.

Stereo?

Nothing

Got XM radio and it spends most of the time tuned to the 70's

I forgot to mention two other cds in the car.....my daughters popped them in and left them, and they've kinda grown on me.....cd by Deer Hoof and another by a group called Shin. confused-smiley-013.gif

I am reading Materials For Conservation by C.V. Horie right now. Very informative, but dry and hypertechnical. Also reading a lot of other articles and abstracts on conservation of paper ephemera. Also reading my weekly comics (too many to list).

Music? The new Mudvayne album, plus the 80s Alternative station on AOL radio.

New QOTSA album good?

The new QOTSA is awesome. I like it better than their prior efforts (though Restricted is a good album as well). The first two songs are weak, but the rest is gold.

How is that Zeppelin live album? I absolutely love the BBC sessions (all live broadcasts from 69 and 71). You should pick that up if you don't already have it. Just oozes raw energy.

The BBC sessions is the only official Zeppelin album I don't have - for some reason it's out of stock in the record stores I usually go to, and Play.com don't seem to have it either - gotta get that album.

As for the live album (How The West Was Won) - it's the best live album I've heard - better than the Who Live At Leeds, which is another favorite. Apart from a version of Dazed And Confused that goes on a bit too long, it's all great - virtuosity and volume. Most tracks sound better than their studio counterparts.

Best band ever, IMO........

oddly i don't have a real book shelf, i just stack the random paperbacks i am reading into a box or drawer, but i am reading right now 2 al franken books lies and the lying liars who tell them and rush limbaugh is a big fat insufficiently_thoughtful_person hehe, music erm turbonegro :P

New QOTSA album good?

The BBC sessions is the only official Zeppelin album I don't have

Do you have bootlegs as well? I used to trade Grateful Dead and other jam band live analogs pretty regularly and ended up with a few Zeppelin shows. I also have a Page and Plant bootleg CD with PHENOMENAL sound quality called "Simple Truth". Probably one of the top five live performances I have ever heard.

They (or The Who) are the best bands ever. Depends on how I am feeling that day as to which gets the nod.

cloud9.gif

Ze-

893naughty-thumb.gif Don't confuse this with one of Currin's threads. Though I like those too...

Ok..Ok..

Re read Enders Game, and Put The Moose on the Table recently

Reading Devil in the White City now

And as always a stack of HOM, HOS, and other assorted BA horror stuff near the beadside table.

Bootleg copy of Audioslaves new CD out in the car... gossip.gifssshhhhhh..

Led Zeps recent live set downstairs in my glass studio

Sting's Dream of the Blue Turtle in the computer

Radiohead, Ben Folds, Jack Johnson, The Shins, Diana Crawl and Cake in the Stereo 6 CD changer

There, was that better Tober?... flowerred.gif

cloud9.gif

Ze-

Ok..Ok..

Re read Enders Game, and Put The Moose on the Table recently

Reading Devil in the White City now

And as always a stack of HOM, HOS, and other assorted BA horror stuff near the beadside table.

Bootleg copy of Audioslaves new CD out in the car... gossip.gifssshhhhhh..

Led Zeps recent live set downstairs in my glass studio

Sting's Dream of the Blue Turtle in the computer

Radiohead, Ben Folds, Jack Johnson, The Shins, Diana Crawl and Cake in the Stereo 6 CD changer

There, was that better Tober?... flowerred.gif

cloud9.gifflowerred.gif