• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is "Infinity Gauntlet" the magnum opus of all Marvel stories?

Marvel magnum opus  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Marvel magnum opus

73 posts in this topic

I've never read it, so can't really comment!

I have to agree with the previous poster that the whole Phoenix storyline in UXM was pretty epic.

the comics have zero to do with the movies. Most of the key players from the comics aren't even Marvel/Disney properties or won't appear in them

:shrug:

Agreed, I don't think the movie is going to resemble the comic book storyline very much. To be honest I would kind of hope it doesn't as I didn't like the comic, aside from the first few issues having George Perez art.

FWIW, I had never read Thanos Quest prior to buying and reading the omnibus. I felt the surrounding stories added a LOT more information than just the standalone limited series. I always had wondered where all the gems came from until I read that (however, still not sure why Stranger was omitted from that storyline).

Secret Wars 2!

The incredible in depth characterization, the fantastic artwork. What more could one want?

A timeless series. The Beyonder's appearance hasn't dated at all.

For me it's a toss-up between Infinity Gauntlet and Civil War.

Infinity Gauntlet came at the perfect time, as I was 14 and it was amazing.

But Civil War was _so_ well done (esp. if one compares it to say...Secret Wars). I also think you can include Planet Hullk in the Civil War storyline, as he was specifically sent off-planet to avoid the conflict.