• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a Graphic Novel coming out about early fandom, collecting and cosplay.

72 posts in this topic

For%20Mark%20NY%20Page.jpg

I look forward to checking this out. The only problem is the accuracy - NYC water tastes great.

lol

Just wait till they start bottling Oregon water. Fresh from the sky :)

I pizz upstream in the McKenzie, every chance I get - that's what you're drinking. :baiting:

NYC has the best pizza and bagels because of our water. Anyway, your post reminds me of Carrie knocking Burger boy's scrunchie usage in his book (Sex and the City). You have to be a New Yorker to understand.

I am going to order your book from a LCS this weekend. Looking forward to reading it.

Thanks, NCN.

The best pizza I have ever had was at a small place about a block from Times Square. It was an anchovies pizza, with lots of cheese and one filet of anchovy on each slice, six in total. I have often tried to duplicate it but it never turns out the same. Added bonus, since it was an anchovy pizza I didn't have to share it with any of the unsophisticated people I was with.

The NY Bagels though have not been memorable for me. Montreal claims the best bagels and handmade bagels are sold here in Toronto as Montreal bagels. I prefer the Toronto bagels which are a bit drier, probably because they were the bagels I was brought up on.

I hope you enjoy the book. It contains no bagels or pizza but it does have a short sequence with an egg cream.

Edited by That Ron Dude

For%20Mark%20NY%20Page.jpg

I look forward to checking this out. The only problem is the accuracy - NYC water tastes great.

lol

Just wait till they start bottling Oregon water. Fresh from the sky :)

I pizz upstream in the McKenzie, every chance I get - that's what you're drinking. :baiting:

You bitter clinger you :grin:

Remember how Mad Magazine would put a photo of Soupy Sales or Zsa Zsa Gabor reading a copy of Mad, in their letter column? Well, they're both dead but my wife Jocelyn and my daughter Cammie were here to stand in. The Tower of the Comic Book Freaks arrived today. I have no complaints. It looks the way I hoped it would.

Comic%20Book%20Freaks.jpg

I picked up my copy this week at the LCS. I read it this morning. I ♥ it! It truly drew me in within the first few pages. I didn't put it down until it was done. Well, I did a break in the middle. I haven't been this engrossed in a book in sometime. Thank you!

I have been sending out complementary copies to some of the professionals who were working in comics during the Silver Age. I got this response from Steve Ditko.

I feel like I have been zinged by Don Rickles.

Ditko%20Assembled%20Small_1.jpg

is that for real?

ouch! Ditko definitely graced you with a zinger.

Ron, I wouldn't be too upset about the reply.

For one he's a senior citizen and for the most part they reserve the right to be direct. lol

He did take the time to reply, which is honorable.

Also, he's basically one of the biggest legends in the hobby and I'm sure he gets inundated with requests. Like any celebrity getting bombarded sometimes they just need push back and say 'no' for their own sanity.

If there is a second edition, the note will be in it.

I haven't had time to read mine yet but online opinions seem to like your book.

Have you got much feedback from distributors? Is it doing well? I hope so.

I am very happy that he took the time to respond. And, I will send it off to the publisher (you saw it first). If there is a second edition, the note will be in it.

Not only that, he sent you his regards.

(I never got anything like that from him.)