• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soft-Serve's "Getting too Soft" Sales Thread - ALL SOLD AND CLOSED, Thanks all!

152 posts in this topic

Margie #44 VG+ $90

Such a great cover, my favorite Margie easy. Lighting bolts 'n Legs. Anyway, I digress. So, only a small lower spine split, mild spine roll, diagonal cover crease, and a few small spine holes to mention. Otherwise tight cover and centerfold, amazing interior color strike, and a very supple book! Also a Kurtzman "Hey Look!" feature...

Timely%20-%20Margie%20044%201_zpskdzzpjkx.jpg

Timely%20-%20Margie%20044%202_zpsiebapfqf.jpg

Margie #45 VG $75

One last Margie to list here. Great GI Draft cover with the coveted "Marvel Bullet" logo. This book is in great shape, only some spine roll, rear cover staining, slight amount of rust on staples and some tape rear cover (interior). Also light creasing on cover (lower right edge). Tight cover and centerfold.

Timely%20-%20Margie%20Comics%20045%201_zpsd5u8bpjx.jpg

Timely%20-%20Margie%20Comics%20045%202_zpsqcmumb9b.jpg

Oscar #8 VG $65 SOLD

Suggestive cover alert! (in more ways than one). Looks like there is spine roll, but there really isn't. Edges are almost flush, just miswrapped a bit. Great interior PQ, Centerfold is attached but popped bottom staple. Some creasing cover along with the odd short tear. Fun book, especially if you like innuendos....

Timely%20-%20Oscar%20Comics%20008%201_zpsmyalikv2.jpg

Timely%20-%20Oscar%20Comics%20008%202_zpsrtgg30gw.jpg

Ok, now for a few Patsy's....first up:

Patsy #11 GD- $30

Great early Patsy cover with awesome reds. This issue has some problems though. Cover is technically attached at a single staple, but half of the interior pages are popped from it. Not a normal pop, but a chunk out of each page at the staple. Very short tear mid-spine that goes though book, chunk out of top left corner. Look great in Mylar and is supple enough for reading. Get it cheap!

Timely%20-%20Patsy%20Walker%20011%201_zpsc9nqqaje.jpg

Can't find rear pic, but it is solid if not a bit dirty. No edge tears or creasing.

Patsy #17 FN $85 SOLD

This is my best Patsy! It would grade VF or better if not for the rust on the staples and the stain on the lower spine that goes through the whole book. (not very visible from front luckily) Otherwise you've got a book that is dead-flat, superb PQ, Tight staples, Tight corners, and has a lovely sheen. Oh, and the red is killer. You will love this book. (Also a Kurtzman "Hey Look!" feature...)

Timely%20-Patsy%20Walker%20017%201_zpsdtnlhhhk.jpg

Timely%20-Patsy%20Walker%20017%202_zpsj4ykwewq.jpg

Oscar #8 VG $65

Suggestive cover alert! (in more ways than one). Looks like there is spine roll, but there really isn't. Edges are almost flush, just miswrapped a bit. Great interior PQ, Centerfold is attached but popped bottom staple. Some creasing cover along with the odd short tear. Fun book, especially if you like innuendos....

Timely%20-%20Oscar%20Comics%20008%201_zpsmyalikv2.jpg

Timely%20-%20Oscar%20Comics%20008%202_zpsrtgg30gw.jpg

Take it

Rusty #17 GD- $15

This book has been well, er, loved. Rough spine with lots of splits, tears and tape. Also there is a short tear that goes though book on the spine, but amazingly the staple is stil holding everything together. Decent reader that is actually readable.

Timely%20-%20Rusty%20Comics%20017%201_zps0b2pb3zc.jpg

Timely%20-%20Rusty%20Comics%20017%202_zpsnemdn4tq.jpg

Tessie 16 FN+ $200 SOLD

This one is going to hurt. My 3rd nicest Timely! WHITE pages. Really only the flaws are a short upper spine split sealed by tape (interior). Teeny tiny amount of rust on lower staple (interior, no migration), also two light stains on both the 1st and 2nd pages, non-art affecting. Interior is blindly white and the book is very flat. Light amount of spine roll, but look at those corners! Also has a lovely clean white glossy cover! Oh, did you see the legs? Yep.

Timely%20-%20Tessie%20016%201_zpswsff9tvq.jpg

Timely%20-%20Tessie%20016%202_zps3yix2tpa.jpg

Venus #4 VG $150 SOLD

I hate selling this book. Probably my favorite Timely GGA. The girl is just so lovely, and beautiful drawn as you can see. Ahem. Anyway this is a glossy book with tight staples. Main flaw is the chunk out of the lower cover. Also some creasing near spine, mostly rear cover. I think this would be easily pressable. Also notice the Marvel Bullet Logo!

Timely%20-%20Venus%20004%201_zpsmixphv1y.jpg

Timely%20-%20Venus%20004%202_zpspt3fcq0u.jpg

Venus #4 VG $150

I hate selling this book. Probably my favorite Timely GGA. The girl is just so lovely, and beautiful drawn as you can see. Ahem. Anyway this is a glossy book with tight staples. Main flaw is the chunk out of the lower cover. Also some creasing near spine, mostly rear cover. I think this would be easily pressable. Also notice the Marvel Bullet Logo!

Timely%20-%20Venus%20004%201_zpsmixphv1y.jpg

Timely%20-%20Venus%20004%202_zpspt3fcq0u.jpg

Take it!

Willie #13 FA+ $15 SOLD

Get this one cheap. Rough/weak spine from water damage. Staples rusty (mostly upper). Upper lower spine splits and some interior staining. Edges of cover slightly brittle, but staples still holding (just). Love the cover though and it presents very nicely in Mylar. Get it cheap!!

Timely%20-%20Willie%20013%201_zpsmxdkns9k.jpg

Timely%20-%20Willie%20013%202_zps7hfx8zv1.jpg