• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This Tomorrow freebie

23 posts in this topic

My company, Canton Street Press, recently released a reprint of Is This Tomorrow the anti-communist comic book from 1947. The book shipped to Diamond accounts earlier this year and I just shipped more to Amazon yesterday. Reviews are always hard to come by and I would like to offer up a free copy to the next five people to post in this thread. The only catch is that you have to write a review of the book on Amazon. I'm not asking for a glowing 5-star review, just your honest review of the book.

Here is a link to the book:

https://www.amazon.com/This-Tomorrow-F-Robert-Edman/dp/1934044172/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478979813&sr=8-2&keywords=Is+this+tomorrow

Dang! It looks like you've already got 25 people you sent comp or review copies to selling them on Amazon.

These are the first comp copies I have given other than to a couple creators. All those on Amazon had to get their copies through Diamond or B&T. I see several of those sellers say book will ship 5-8 days or 10-13 days after the order is placed. I assume they take an order and then get it shipped from B&T. I confess to not understanding the business model of those types of sellers.

Dang! It looks like you've already got 25 people you sent comp or review copies to selling them on Amazon.

These are the first comp copies I have given other than to a couple creators. All those on Amazon had to get their copies through Diamond or B&T. I see several of those sellers say book will ship 5-8 days or 10-13 days after the order is placed. I assume they take an order and then get it shipped from B&T. I confess to not understanding the business model of those types of sellers.

Yeah, it has to be a bummer to be undercut on your price that soon.

I urge anyone who hasn't read this book to pick up a copy. I found it to be interesting and relatively restrained and plausible. The fact that is was drawn by Charles Schulz of Peanuts fame is a real hoot.

Did you add a preface or any other material, or is it a straight reprint?

Yeah, it has to be a bummer to be undercut on your price that soon.

I urge anyone who hasn't read this book to pick up a copy. I found it to be interesting and relatively restrained and plausible. The fact that is was drawn by Charles Schulz of Peanuts fame is a real hoot.

This is a straight reprint with no preface. The plan is to collect this and other anti-communist comics in a hardcover book which will likely contain additional material.

Do you have any intention of reprinting any of the other Catechetical Guild books?

Yes, we have already solicited Blood is the Harvest through Diamond. We're a bit behind due to a move, but that book will be coming soon. We will also publish Labor is a Parter, Red Iceberg and If the Devil Would Talk. There are some of the non-anti-communists books I would also like to do.

It is not the Catechetical Guild, but we will be doing This Godless Communism and Red Victim from Treasure Chest as well.

Do you have any intention of reprinting any of the other Catechetical Guild books?

Yes, we have already solicited Blood is the Harvest through Diamond. We're a bit behind due to a move, but that book will be coming soon. We will also publish Labor is a Parter, Red Iceberg and If the Devil Would Talk. There are some of the non-anti-communists books I would also like to do.

It is not the Catechetical Guild, but we will be doing This Godless Communism and Red Victim from Treasure Chest as well.

If the :devil: Devil Would Talk would be of interest to me (thumbs u

I would love to see the Crandall This Godless Communism series reprinted. Never has been, so far as I know.

I would love to see the Crandall This Godless Communism series reprinted. Never has been, so far as I know.

Correct, and it’s awesome. But so is Red Victim, with art by Sinnott (I think I have just an issue).

And, unrelated to communism, but artistically speaking the life of Pope John XXIII (now saint) by Sinnott is equally wonderful. Text is simple, but nice regardless. :)

[quote} The fact that is was drawn by Charles Schulz of Peanuts fame is a real hoot.

Hi.

I could find no information that this was drawn by Charles Schulz outside of advertising for the reprint. It does not look close to his style of drawing. How do we know it was drawn by Charles Schulz?

How do we know it was drawn by Charles Schulz?

One clue was the low wages offered for the work.

You could say he worked for peanuts.

[quote} The fact that is was drawn by Charles Schulz of Peanuts fame is a real hoot.

Hi.

I could find no information that this was drawn by Charles Schulz outside of advertising for the reprint. It does not look close to his style of drawing. How do we know it was drawn by Charles Schulz?

Apparently, Schulz said so in an interview years ago. I believe one of the biographies of him also mentions it.