• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN 4 directed by Mel Gibson??

18 posts in this topic

Robert Downey JR has been trying to get Mel Gibson into the Marvel Universe for years as a 'thank you' for helping him break his drug addiction. So this would seem credible.

Mel Gibson Says Iron Man 4 Would Be Fun

zdA7wAX.png

Will Mel Gibson direct Iron Man 4?

While it may be a long shot, in the latest issue of Total Film, Mel Gibson at least considers the possibility of Iron Man 4.

The issue has a featured interview with Mel Gibson about his latest movie, with the article mentioning the Marvel rumors surrounding Mel Gibson directing Iron Man 4, as Robert Downey Jr. teased a while back he would do Iron Man 4 if Gibson directed, which saw Gibson follow up that he would "of course" consider it and also said Iron Man 4 with Robert Downey Jr. would be "bananas."

"It might be fun," Mel Gibson told TF about Iron Man 4, with the article noting Gibson merely shrugged at the idea. "You'd have to figure out a way to be different with that."

Mel Gibson's response about being different for Iron Man 4 is rather interesting as it seems to mirror comments from Robert Downey Jr. where the actor offered Iron Man 4 should be Tony's swan song as a villain.

Mel Gibson also recently offered his take on the Marvel movies, which if he ever did direct one, sounds like it would be a lot different than the "popcorn" MCU movies we're used to.

“To talk about the violence question, look at any Marvel movie,” Gibson told The Washington Post. “They’re more violent than anything that I’ve done, but [in my movies,] you give a s--- about the characters, which makes it matter more. That’s all I’ll say.”

Doesn't seem like he would be a good fit for Marvel. He directed Braveheart, Apocalypto and now Hacksaw Ridge. Films that are a tad better than anything ever made by Marvel.

True.

Not every director is capable of producing a summer popcorn blockbuster movie with a $200+ million budget.

Just too much pressure...and expectations.

As long as we don't we don't see Demon In A Bottle or Armor Wars. How about we do The Mandarin right and throw in Ultimo for fun.
I think the Mandarin coming back to restore his image after the mockery Aldrich Killian made of him in IM3 is a great idea. I'd rather see Modok than Ultimo. It would be cool to see Mel & RDJ work together on IM4 also. Could end up surprising us & be much better than the last 2 IM films.

Not sure he can influence a certain grittiness folks on here claim he can. He took the dark "Lethal Weapon" series into... well you guys must have saw the big-budget #4 (and #3 was pushing it.) I know Donner directed those, but Gibson's image turned into a cartoon character. He must have had some control. But that last installment was about 19 years ago and I'm not going to lie, I'm gonna give him a shot as well.

Pretty sure Apocalypto is more violent than anything Marvel has ever done, Mel.

Apocolypto :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mel Gibson is a tremendous director. He is a great actor too.

The guy went on a couple of drunken benders and said a bunch of ludicrous and all of a sudden he is a punchline.

The guy has made so many great movies that I can't even keep track.

The MCU would be lucky to have him involved in any way shape or form.

The guy went on a couple of drunken benders and said a bunch of ludicrous and all of a sudden he is a punchline.

Agree

+1.

Look what happened with Depp after Disney just paid him a fortune for Alice & Pirates. Who knows if Disney will hire him again, but I do know that we weren't there & only know a fraction of the story. There's always time for redemption. RDJ wouldn't have been Iron Man in the 1st place without it.