• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALLENTOWN DETECTIVE # 27 QUESTION

27 posts in this topic

that it is better than all other copies? That Dave chose it over the Mile High? Thats all I knoe. Dont remember if anyone who's seen it gave it a CGC type grade. Its been out of circulation for a long long time.

jerry weist says its like a 9.6

Where did he say that? In a public venue or in private conversation?

I've always just guessed that it was 9.6 because that seems like such a typical Allentown grade...lol

actually he said it in his book the 100 greatest comicbooks,,n look under tec 27 page,,he says it is super high grade!

I actually read that. I just was wondering where you got the specific numerical equivalent from...

i have seen the tec 27 mile high when rob rogovin had it about 10 years ago,,he was asking 125k than,,i think i remember it in the f/vf range...is it true the dentist has the allentown tec 27?

that sale was about 10 years ago right? got a lot of press coverage, but the grade was more like 8 - 9.0. Unless you count the Church signature pencil slash it has in the upper left corner as a defect. its supposed to be the 3ns 3rd or 4th best copy, cant remember which.

i have seen the tec 27 mile high when rob rogovin had it about 10 years ago,,he was asking 125k than,,i think i remember it in the f/vf range...is it true the dentist has the allentown tec 27?

that sale was about 10 years ago right? got a lot of press coverage, but the grade was more like 8 - 9.0. Unless you count the Church signature pencil slash it has in the upper left corner as a defect. its supposed to be the 3ns 3rd or 4th best copy, cant remember which.

Yeah, assuming it's an 8.0 (anecdotally a really nice copy with a corner crease) it's either the third or fourth best copy depending on whether or not it's nicer than the CGC 8.0. Allentown, Non-pedigree high grade, then the two 8.0s... The Reilly copy is supposed to be somewhere in that 8.0 range too, so that might come into play.

Yeah, assuming it's an 8.0 (anecdotally a really nice copy with a corner crease) it's either the third or fourth best copy depending on whether or not it's nicer than the CGC 8.0. Allentown, Non-pedigree high grade, then the two 8.0s... The Reilly copy is supposed to be somewhere in that 8.0 range too, so that might come into play.

BIG corner crease. no way it's an 8.0.

BIG corner crease. no way it's an 8.0.

Really? How big?

about 7 inches from what Dave Anderson (Tulsa, the guy who sold it to Rogovin) told me.

I'm doing my best to not make innuendo of the "7 inches".

Yes, but is this the type of crease that's non-colour breaking which could be eliminated through a press job? Somehow, I suspect this must be one of those deep creases, expecially considering that it is 7 inches long.

I guess it wouldn't really matter anyway since anybody buying the book would then know that it had been worked on if the crease was no longer there, even though it might still get a blue label.