• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GOLD CONNECTIONS
17 17

26,553 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks for the suggestion Pat, but accessing files stored on my computer takes way too much time without thumbnail image reference.  Most images were scanned, transferred to Photobucket albums & then resized with the PB tools (slab labels removed).  Scanned IPad photos from conventions were frequently edited, resized and ...in the case of old Polaroid photos... restored using PB tools prior to uploading.  Mileage probably varies, but from my perspective PB storage provided the quickest, most efficient posting.

Apparently these problems are affecting a lot of folks, randomly dropping PB images not directly uploaded from computer or phone.  Sadly, a lot of images from the FANDOM thread are missing, ...that's years of useful data lost that may be unrecoverable.  Have no idea what's going on with the CGC boards, but one thing's certain, if the media insertion function isn't fixed, it's adios.

I'm trying to find the thread where it was mentioned, but someone mentioned in another thread a new site, hostimg.org or Imghost.org or somesuch; I am trying to find it. 

15 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks for the suggestion Pat, but accessing files stored on my computer takes way too much time without thumbnail image reference.  Most images were scanned, transferred to Photobucket albums & then resized with the PB tools (slab labels removed).  Scanned IPad photos from conventions were frequently edited, resized and ...in the case of old Polaroid photos... restored using PB tools prior to uploading.  Mileage probably varies, but from my perspective PB storage provided the quickest, most efficient posting.

Apparently these problems are affecting a lot of folks, randomly dropping PB images not directly uploaded from computer or phone.  Sadly, a lot of images from the FANDOM thread are missing, ...that's years of useful data lost that may be unrecoverable.  Have no idea what's going on with the CGC boards, but one thing's certain, if the media insertion function isn't fixed, it's adios.

When you say "adios" does that mean you're quitting the boards?

On 4/22/2017 at 4:07 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

World's end (from afar) to world's end (close-up)...

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/DavidMerryweather/GA Comic HP scans/GA Pulps HP scans/05bd10f3-a559-43d5-8dbf-4750415daa05_zps9kwfaryv.jpg

World's end indeed.

:censored:  Third time in two days I've tried to link scans and failed. Apparently images won't post directly from Photobucket with the insert other media tool anymore.  (shrug)

Even though I've been posting less since the changeover (still not thrilled with CGC's new format), I stuck around to interact with friends who post here regularly.   Looks like it may finally be time to seek out a more accommodating site.  Across the street is more user friendly, but far from an ideal platform, and fewer people I know from here post over there.  Suggestions welcomed.  

Cheers! It was fun while it lasted.  :tink:

I suggest you quit both boards!