• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

124 posts in this topic

Logo_zps3e9f2538.jpg

This is the first sale of some GA Fawcett books I have acquired. I purchased these from their 83 year old original owner. I will attempt to describe significant defects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First :takeit: in thread prevails despite ongoing negotiations. If we agree on a price per PM, the buyer must post the first :takeit: in thread.

Buyers of ill repute are encouraged to move on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping - I have elected not to turn shipping into a profit center. I generally lose a few bucks, and I am OK with that.

All orders over $100 ship free (US), all orders under $100 (US) ship for $7, any quantity of books, First class or priority depending on weight. Canada is $15 any qty. of books. I'll do other international, but I won't enjoy it, actual costs plus a buck or two.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packaging - All orders are shipped in a new box, typically the awesome-for-comics Uline S-164, I pay around $.75 each for these.

I grade conservatively to avoid disappointments and delight buyers. Any problem with a book that slips under my radar can be returned at my cost.

Payment - Paypal only please

Discussion in the thread is encouraged.

Here is an extremely rough copy of Captain Marvel Adventures #2. BC is missing, FC is in shreds.

As a bonus to the buyer of this basket case, I will include a coverless CMA 8.

I am not expert in these books enough to know whether the first wraps are missing. First wrap does not appear to be missing on the 8 per the storyline, but on the 2, there is no title. On other complete books I have in this series, first wrap is page number 3.

$100

Not to worry, this is the absolute worst of the lot.

cma_2_1_zpswpbsmzaz.jpg

cma_2_2_zpseicuvhab.jpg

cma_2_3_zpspszl6cpl.jpg

cma_8_1_zpshd71mtc7.jpg

The following books are all of similar condition. They all have the coupon cut from the back cover, and the covers are detached. Yes, there will be a decent presenting 18 in this group. I will assign a grade of 1.0 Q to each, although I am sure we could debate what grade CGC would assign.