• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other celebrities collect (or collected) comic books?

114 posts in this topic

The last sentence of that interview is the best. Worth reading. 27_laughing.gif

I liked this...

Q: Wow. You didn't know Britney Spears was married?

A: I do vaguely, but I don't understand people's obsession with who's going out with who and who's married to who and Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. I'm like, "WHO [#@$%!!!] CARES ABOUT THIS [#@$%!!!]?" I like finding a good book and [#@$%!!!] reading it.

893blahblah.gif

Gene Simmons of KISS is a huge fan and comic collector. I think he's been at the last five or so San Diego cons. I've seen him there several times, sometimes just walking around. He is the guy that personally brokered the KISS comics deals with McFarlane and then Dark Horse. He mentioned at a panel that the other KISS guys think his endeavors into comic books are silly.

I liked this...

A: I do vaguely, but I don't understand people's obsession with who's going out with who and who's married to who and Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. I'm like, "WHO [#@$%!!!] CARES ABOUT THIS [#@$%!!!]?" I like finding a good book and [#@$%!!!] reading it.

893blahblah.gif

screwy.gif

I liked this...

893blahblah.gif

screwy.gif

sleeping.gif

He mentioned at a panel that the other KISS guys think his endeavors into comic books are silly.

Pretty ironic coming from a bunch of guys who wear spandex and makeup and jump around on stage while things explode around them. screwy.gif

He mentioned at a panel that the other KISS guys think his endeavors into comic books are silly.

Pretty ironic coming from a bunch of guys who wear spandex and makeup and jump around on stage while things explode around them. screwy.gif

893blahblah.gif

893blahblah.gif

cookietrollbanned.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

893blahblah.gif

cookietrollbanned.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

yeahok.gif

Sebastian Bach of Skid Row - saw him on "MTV Cribs" and he had some cool stuff.

Yes! I have thousands of comics. Specifically silver age Marvel. I have Amazing Fantasy #15: the first appearance of Spider-Man--it's worth 30 grand. I bought Hulk # 3 in Germany on tour. I have all the X-Men where they change costumes, and each one is worth thousands and thousands--I bought all those when I was little, right off the stand for 20 cents.

Oh really???? Which X-Men's with a .20cent cover is he talking about?

Sebastian Bach of Skid Row - saw him on "MTV Cribs" and he had some cool stuff.

Yes! I have thousands of comics. Specifically silver age Marvel. I have Amazing Fantasy #15: the first appearance of Spider-Man--it's worth 30 grand. I bought Hulk # 3 in Germany on tour. I have all the X-Men where they change costumes, and each one is worth thousands and thousands--I bought all those when I was little, right off the stand for 20 cents.

Oh really???? Which X-Men's with a .20cent cover is he talking about?

X-Men 73-87. confused-smiley-013.gifmakepoint.gif

Gene Simmons of KISS is a huge fan and comic collector. I think he's been at the last five or so San Diego cons. I've seen him there several times, sometimes just walking around. He is the guy that personally brokered the KISS comics deals with McFarlane and then Dark Horse. He mentioned at a panel that the other KISS guys think his endeavors into comic books are silly.

Yeah, I remember years ago reading that he's a big Silver Surfer fan.

David Goyer -director and screenwriter (Blade 2 & 3, Batman Begins) was a huge colllector and he only recently sold his collection.....he said it was into the thousands.....wonder what he had..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some celebs in the U.K. are heavily into comics - Jonathan Ross, Lenny Henry, Paul Gambaccini.......not that you guys would've heard of 'em.

I read once that Woody Allen used to read the odd comic, back in the '60s.