• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other celebrities collect (or collected) comic books?

114 posts in this topic

This is a true story. I told this a while ago in a simular thread so here it is again...

ROBERT BLAKE has a RED RIDER and LONE RANGER collection which includes comics. BTW; BLAKE played Little Beaver in the Red Rider movies back when he was a kid. Anyway; there was this cable TV show that was called either TREASURES IN YOUR HOME or TREASURES IN THE ATTIC that had Blake as a guest. They were showing his comic collection and some of the other stuff he collected. During the program the host of the show picks up one of the items and Blake goes ballistic on the guy for touching the item. He pretty much told the guy "HANDS OFF" and was noticeably upset during the rest of the show. After seeing that and then what happened years later makes ya really wonder about the guy.

Jerry Garcia also had a large collection.

Supposedly the first thing Garcia did when he got his first royalty check was buy a complete set of EC Comics.

Supposedly the first thing Garcia did when he got his first royalty check was buy a complete set of EC Comics.

Really? Interesting anecdote, I had not heard that before. thumbsup2.gif

The guy must have been on drugs or something. screwy.gif

tongue.gif

Mark Hamill

I've seen Mark Hamill a few times in Midtown Comics in Times Square.

When I worked in lower Manhattan, I used to frequent Chameleon Comics on Maiden Lane where I'd see Eric Bogosian with who I presumed was his son. But I'm not sure of he was buying for himself or his kid -- or both.

Sienfield collects SUPERMAN.

Billy Mumy of LOST IN SPACE fame collects comics.

Others that collect or read comics...

Tom Hankes

Bruce Willis

Tom Welling (Smallville Clark)

Michael Rosenblume (Smallville Lex)

Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster)

Corey Felmon

Ray Harryhausen known for special FX

Hugh Hefner

Walter Kronig from Star Trek

Bob Burns actor/special FX fame collects Sci-Fi comics

Some that have passed away...

Walt Disney

Sam Kennisen comedian

Andy Koffman

Sebastian Bach of Skid Row - saw him on "MTV Cribs" and he had some cool stuff.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/2004-11-25/feature2.html

I hear you're into comic books.

Yes! I have thousands of comics. Specifically silver age Marvel. I have Amazing Fantasy #15: the first appearance of Spider-Man--it's worth 30 grand. I bought Hulk # 3 in Germany on tour. I have all the X-Men where they change costumes, and each one is worth thousands and thousands--I bought all those when I was little, right off the stand for 20 cents. When I was a kid, me and my friend Andrew had a tree fort and we'd go up there and put all our comics in plastic bags and keep 'em perfect. I didn't know they'd be worth anything, but man--good [#@$%!!!] thinking. I get the price guide and [#@$%!!!], and I just laugh--my wife can't believe it. One of the most valuable things I have is my comic collection."

The last sentence of that interview is the best. Worth reading. 27_laughing.gif

I liked this...

Q: Wow. You didn't know Britney Spears was married?

A: I do vaguely, but I don't understand people's obsession with who's going out with who and who's married to who and Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. I'm like, "WHO [#@$%!!!] CARES ABOUT THIS [#@$%!!!]?" I like finding a good book and [#@$%!!!] reading it.