• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage selling on Ebay from their aucitons???

42 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282249865162?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2669&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Adding a 24.5% BP which is 5% higher than their site (guessing to cover the ebay fees) is this normal?

They only have 58 feedback.

I saw "up to" 24.5%. Is the assumption that essentially 25% will be added as a buyer's fee? So $1000 becomes $1250? If so that's hilarious--remind me not to bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282249865162?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2669&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Adding a 24.5% BP which is 5% higher than their site (guessing to cover the ebay fees) is this normal?

I saw "up to" 24.5%. Is the assumption that essentially 25% will be added as a buyer's fee? So $1000 becomes $1250? If so that's hilarious--remind me not to bid.

That BP can be a deal breaker. After watching their auctions on the sidelines for a year, I recently won a book last month. It was a necessary evil to land the one I wanted--this time.

This came up in discussion the other day too, interesting advertising ploy.

You've got to wonder what pushed them to auctioning on eBay??? How has their selection been? Dwindling or steady?

Their Avengers focus this calendar year does seem down from 2015, but that may just be my own biased perspective.

That BP can be a deal breaker. After watching their auctions on the sidelines for a year, I recently won a book last month. It was a necessary evil to land the one I wanted--this time.

You just have to know what you want to pay for an item and factor the BP into your bottom line...

but 24.5% is pretty crazy

Another thing that's interesting is that they've started the auctions at whatever the price has already been bid up to on Heritage.

I would assume the higher buyer premium is there to drive you directly to their site.

This is likely acting as an advertising push/aggregator for their "online bidding" (in conjunction with their HA site bids) in hopes it pushes up the bid price before it shuts down and their "live bidding" begins. I hadn't bid on HA for awhile, and I recently bid on something through their site forgetting about how their site hands-off to live bidding. I was worried I bid up the piece, but it had some activity during live bids.

I doubt they expect anyone to bid through eBay, although I'd be curious to know how eBay charges them a fee when the final bidding and auction result happens through Heritage. The thing I don't like is when a piece sits there with no bids, and in the last second, you push the bid price, and it automatically notifies you that you've been outbid. I can understand the possibility of someone else bidding against me at the last second, but it just seems like an algorithm to squeeze another bid out of the piece.

You just have to know what you want to pay for an item and factor the BP into your bottom line...

but 24.5% is pretty crazy

Right. It's sellers, not buyers, who need to worry about the Heritage BP.

A bunch of high grade auctions finished up on Heritage tonight. Aside from a 9.6 ASM #1 doing very well the other high grade keys did very poorly. 9.6 ASM #14 and 9.6 DD #1 both did half of GPA last sale. If I were one of those sellers I'd be really pissed. Obviously declining hammer prices has a lot to do with running auctions on eBay.