• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only 4 weeks till the ComicConnect auction ends

35 posts in this topic

Heritage began 10/28 and begins to end on 11/17 (21 days)

Clink begins 11/17 and begins to end on 11/29 (13 days)

CC begins 11/21 and begins to end 12/12 (22 days)

Oh sure, confuse things with facts. :insane:

But I think cc started yesterday

Well it looks like they did launch earlier than they stated. (worship) You win

:acclaim: who do people think has the better timeline. Personally I like getting the preview up quick, a few weeks time, then start the auction and run it got no more than 2 weeks. Preview lets me see what body organ I need to sell and the short auction time lets me know when to schedule the surgery.

Auction overload!

Don't forget Hakes is happening too

:acclaim: who do people think has the better timeline. Personally I like getting the preview up quick, a few weeks time, then start the auction and run it got no more than 2 weeks. Preview lets me see what body organ I need to sell and the short auction time lets me know when to schedule the surgery.

I like how HA ends as Clink begins. Over lapping is of no help

Me too. Get rid of the dead zone where no one is bidding, which typically lasts around 2 weeks for CC auctions. In all honesty I think it's a detriment to the seller, since the book just sits there with no interest.

Me too. Get rid of the dead zone where no one is bidding, which typically lasts around 2 weeks for CC auctions. In all honesty I think it's a detriment to the seller, since the book just sits there with no interest.

+1

If they did quicker auctions with smaller windows how many times would we hear "I would have bid if I had known that book was available!" or "Dang, I missed it!"

does anyone think that live floor portion of the HA sig auction creates a more frothy environment with higher than normal (online only) sales? I would also love to see what kind of in person crowd they attract to that live sale in Beverly Hills. Is that a room full of dealers and collectors? Maybe some mix of wealthy people with financial advisors that want to pick up some hard assets. Maybe some local celebs that are bored. I'm just darn curious.

If they did quicker auctions with smaller windows how many times would we hear "I would have bid if I had known that book was available!" or "Dang, I missed it!"

The books have been advertised for weeks and even months. 4 weeks is too long IMO.

The books have been advertised for weeks and even months. 4 weeks is too long IMO.

As a consignor I can say that the listings were not finalized until very recently. Sure, the Larson Batman 1 has been up there for months. But the 9.6 Avengers 11 has not, or the 6.0 conserved Captain Marvel 1, or the 9.8 Fight 6, or many others I'd be more than happy to list here if you would like me to...not that I am trying to spam or anything :angel:

I like how HA ends as Clink begins. Over lapping is of no help

CC coming last and ending in mid-December wouldn't seem to be favorable for consignors, but I guess we'll see.