• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Friday Advertisements - Any good deals being offered at your LCS?

22 posts in this topic

I've got announcements for two big blow out sales at two somewhat local comic shops. I always like to pass along good info so feel free to add any ads you have received for sales next weekend.

American%20Comics%20Ad_zpsrvlqrzcv.jpg

Bills%20Books%20Ad_zpsmtjl9iuq.jpg

:headbang: idea Andrew!! I have never been to All American before but i just checked some random internet pics and Man do they have some neat stuff!! Anyone know if they are board members?

Both of these shops attend pretty much every comic con in my area so they have some good stuff stashed away. Bill's deals seem to be a bit better but the 25% off all wall books at All-American may net some good deals since he has a killer wall.

Anyone else intrigued by the $75 long box sale since it sounds like he has a room full of $1 books to pick from. I'd usually pay $25 a long for ok stuff but it may be a good deal considering you get to pick and chose which books you get for $0.25 a piece.

:headbang: idea Andrew!! I have never been to All American before but i just checked some random internet pics and Man do they have some neat stuff!! Anyone know if they are board members?

Do you mean Gene Carpenter? I don't think Gene is on the boards.

Nevermind...I didn't catch it in the flyer. Not the same person I was thinking about.

Both of these shops attend pretty much every comic con in my area so they have some good stuff stashed away. Bill's deals seem to be a bit better but the 25% off all wall books at All-American may net some good deals since he has a killer wall.

yeah we are in the same area brother but i don't get too many shows with 3 kids under 5 yrs old and the schedules my wife and I both work. In fact i have been on call the past 4 Fridays following Thanksgiving so any travel is out of the question. Those stores are like an hr and a half drive from my place which isn't bad but figured i would see if they had a board presence bc man do they have some Epic books posted on their facebook page. I also don't have facebook but i used my wife's to look. I'm talking GA books like Bats 1, Tec 31, Tec 38, and even an Adventure 42 which i've been trying to track down (not rare just haven't found the right copy) plus they have like every SA/BA key known to man!! Looks like a neat place!! Hey you settin up at Wizard Cleveland again this year 1Cool that's one show i will for sure be able to make it too rain/shine/or snow haha!!

yeah we are in the same area brother but i don't get too many shows with 3 kids under 5 yrs old and the schedules my wife and I both work. In fact i have been on call the past 4 Fridays following Thanksgiving so any travel is out of the question. Those stores are like an hr and a half drive from my place which isn't bad but figured i would see if they had a board presence bc man do they have some Epic books posted on their facebook page. I also don't have facebook but i used my wife's to look. I'm talking GA books like Bats 1, Tec 31, Tec 38, and even an Adventure 42 which i've been trying to track down (not rare just haven't found the right copy) plus they have like every SA/BA key known to man!! Looks like a neat place!! Hey you settin up at Wizard Cleveland again this year 1Cool that's one show i will for sure be able to make it too rain/shine/or snow haha!!

Not unless I stumble upon a killer collection with a ton of keys in it. I just dont have that many key books left to justify the $1,100 price tag for a booth. I may just go cosplay with my wife since I don't expect many books will be there worth buying.

Not unless I stumble upon a killer collection with a ton of keys in it. I just done have that many key books left to justify the $1,100 price tag for a booth. I may just go cosplay with my wife since I don't expect many books will be there worth buying.

Completely understandable my friend. I think settin up at the smaller shows is the way to go for for a seller and for you. These big shows are more of a spectacle anymore. Maybe a seller can make a few connections but that's about it i would think just not enough meat on the bone to justify the table price and the work. I go to this bc it's the only show my non comic friends will come into town for so it gives us an excuse to get together and hang out which doesn't happen as much anymore with us spread all over the place. Hopefully see ya there gotta keep us posted what you will be dressed up as!!

Aspen Store

Friday 12PM PST through Sunday.

25% OFF and Black Friday deals.

Books-A-Million (BAM / Fried Pie)

Midtown - up to 75% off

Mile High Comics

Trade Paperbacks on our website discounted by 40% off, and all of our Hardback comics collections discounted by 30% off. There are no additional discounts on our back issue comics and/or magazines,

BCW Supplies

20% off orders of $50 or more until Dec. 6 - Codeword SANTA

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/

Well - that's 3 hours I will not get back. Ended up going all the way to Canton and didn't buy a book. Almost bought a long box of Drek for $75 but wisely rethought it since that's a long box of books that would sit around forever. Ah well - at least Ohio State is up.