• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,278 posts in this topic

cloud9.gif

1537229-comics122.jpg

When I started seeing all these Teen books in the Crippen collection I was thinking that 2006 was going to be a banner year for at least collector!

Crippen book, bought back in the day when they were just D copies.

Purchased primarily for the Kurtzman "Hey Look" pages. blush.gif

Cindy29.jpg

What's with Patsy's hand jive? Somewhere between a Vulcan salute and an obscene hand gesture! Did it have some other meaning back in 1945?

Jack

cloud9.gif

1537229-comics122.jpg

The Vulcan salute is acutally a preistly blessing hand gesture performed by a Kohanim while blessing a Jewish congregation.

The holidays have made this thread a little quiet, plus, after such a great copy of Patsy #1, nothing else looks as nice.

I've taken some much needed time off from work and as I was digging through comics, I ran across some Marvel books I thought I'd post.

1st, a couple Nellie's

z-nellie06.JPG

Willie is kind of an Archie look alike, sans freckles. There were some nice covers in this series.

893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks for the scans. I am appreciating those Timely Teen books covers more and more. Makes me regret surrendering my copy of Frankie and Lana 12 to 143 ...

I was watching that one -- looks like a beautiful copy from a very tough time period.

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif