• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

I had been told at one time that it was an artist named Owen Fitzgerald. No idea how accurate that info is.

The thing that's been holding me back is the level of realism on the girl's face compared to other Fitzgerald work. It's an interesting artistic choice on his part if it's his cover.

Here are some Fitzgerald's girls -

1420010-Cookie35Starlet1s.jpg

1420010-Cookie35Starlet2s.jpg

1420010-Cookie35Starlet2s.jpg.32587f63518c5d8e47917fe0fefeca67.jpg

Just finished this run. Glad it's short, 'cause they're not too easy to find.

1384950-jetta.JPG

Those are nice books! They are De Carlo aren't they? It's amazing how many "Archie" looking books there were back then. Since this series starts with #5, what was the title previously?

Yes, at least the first 2 issues are by DeCarlo. There seems to be some controversy as to whether number 7 is by him...

I'm not sure what the title was before it became Jetta. I assume it's in Overstreet and I suppose I should look it up.

Yes, at least the first 2 issues are by DeCarlo. There seems to be some controversy as to whether number 7 is by him...

I'm not sure what the title was before it became Jetta. I assume it's in Overstreet and I suppose I should look it up.

gossip.gif Standard started a number of their 50s title with 5. Similar to the way that Ziff-Davis started with 10.