• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

I was testing a new portable scanner this weekend. It gave me a chance to scan some more books. It worked fairly well. It's a usb powered LED scanner. I'm hoping that the portability will help me scan more of my collection for inventory purposes.

t-willie-08a_zps005bb1f2.jpg

I love the subtle gag on this one. Why is pirate the girl angry? Maybe because the guy is wearing a suit of armor and can get away with his right hand placement without fear of being slapped.

Love this cover.

There's not a lot of info on late 40s Timely teen cover artists, I see Ken Bald, Mike Sekowsky and Earl James listed for a few, and their styles aren't so far apart that I could venture who did what on other covers. I was wondering if there was one artists did the stronger GGA covers like the Teen 22 and Willie 8.

Neat. Never seen those before. Reprints of U.S. comics or original stories?

The first one has Patsy Walker reprints. The second one is completely funny animal on the interior :frustrated:

A question for any you comic book sleuths. I posted here because of the Patsy Walker references.

Is this an actual panel or has the text been photshopped? The "Cake" response looks a little off, but maybe I'm seeing things.

A-422 points me to a story from Patsy Walker 41 (according to Atlastales.com), but I'm not sure if there can be more than one A-422.

If anyone has that issue unslabbed, can you confirm if this panel is in it?

01113b6a5beec0528acf4abed4a30f28.jpg

Neat. Never seen those before. Reprints of U.S. comics or original stories?

The first one has Patsy Walker reprints. The second one is completely funny animal on the interior :frustrated:

I have a Canadian book with a Red Seal Cover...inside,funny animal and teen humour.

A question for any you comic book sleuths. I posted here because of the Patsy Walker references.

Is this an actual panel or has the text been photshopped? The "Cake" response looks a little off, but maybe I'm seeing things.

A-422 points me to a story from Patsy Walker 41 (according to Atlastales.com), but I'm not sure if there can be more than one A-422.

I don't have that issue, but the art in that panel is not consistent with early '50s Patsy Walker. I'd guess that panel is from the '60s.

It's definitely not from PW 41, and I'd say it's not even an Atlas panel.

Atlas job numbers are almost exclusively in the first panel of a story (exceptions: text stories), and that's not Atlas lettering.

That numbering box looks like a late 50's-early 60's Charlton.

GCD says First Kiss #21, story called Take My Number. I don't see a scan of it online.

Edited by stock_rotation

It's definitely not from PW 41, and I'd say it's not even an Atlas panel.

Atlas job numbers are almost exclusively in the first panel of a story (exceptions: text stories), and that's not Atlas lettering.

That numbering box looks like a late 50's-early 60's Charlton.

GCD says First Kiss #21, story called Take My Number. I don't see a scan of it online.

Good work. Thanks. I wasn't sure if other companies used the same numbering system as Atlas.