• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO HAS THE GRETAEST COMICBOOK COLLECTION? GOLDEN AGE

148 posts in this topic

He actually has doubles (reading copies) of all the Timelys as well,

West

Interesting. Brings to mind another question... are any of the major collectors known to have multiples of a given major book? For example, who has "the most" Action #1's?

Danny owned the most at one time. His Fantazia Overstreet ads showed at least three of everything on his walls in the late 80s. We can all only guess as to their real condition, but the copies were there in his store.

Danny owned the most at one time. His Fantazia Overstreet ads showed at least three of everything on his walls in the late 80s. We can all only guess as to their real condition, but the copies were there in his store.

He had 11 copies at one time once.

He had 11 copies at one time once.

WOW!

Let's not forget at the very least honorable mentions for Jon Berk and Ian!

Might not be the "greatest", but certainly ranks up there for completeness and awe!

Speaking of Ian... I've been away from the forums for a while. Did he find that last book?

Let's not forget at the very least honorable mentions for Jon Berk and Ian!

Might not be the "greatest", but certainly ranks up there for completeness and awe!

Speaking of Ian... I've been away from the forums for a while. Did he find that last book?

Don't think he did...if so there'd probably be 12 or 13 threads in general about it.

gary carter also has an impressive d.c collection

Unfortunately, Gary sold his collection and has left the comics hobby; he mentioned this in an interview on Vincent Zurzolo's radio show.

Probably a toss-up between the Dentist and Geppi. He might not have the Church Action 1 or Allentown Detective #27, but from what I`ve heard, the depth of Geppi`s collection is mindblowing.

If you add in non-comic stuff, it has to be Geppi, hands down, with all the Disney stuff, rings and other collectibles.

...and do not forget Steve's wonderful library with about every bound volume of comics known.....

Peter Lutrario. I remember your original website with all of your key books. Blew my mind. I bought your New Comics 1 and if I recall correctly, your Big Book of Fun Comics. I shoulda bought that Action 1 with no cf.

hi brian//i do remember you..boy do i miss that big book of fun comics!!TUFF TUFF TUFF BOOK! just maybe the rarest dc key of them all!

that action 1 popped up on ebay 4 months ago[WITH A CENTERFOLD}!!!

a collector never forgets his books

i was referring to the greatest comicbbok [only collection..its dave aderson..steve sold alot of his jewels,,dave holds on to his..

This is not actually correct since Dave sold quite a few of his key MH DC's back in the early 90's including a lot of the first appearances. Basically what he held onto were the Superman and Batman books since they are the cornerstone of the DC books.