• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

937 posts in this topic

The first two are highly rewatchable, which I’ll point out despite my cynicism about the ecstatic advance reviews of the new one.

As a huge Juggernaut fan I've re-watched all of his scenes many, many times, particularly the one where he rips Deadpool in half and the one where he fights Colossus.  I loved Juggernaut/Colossus fights in the comics--particularly the one in issue 183 where Wolverine instigates the fight to punish Colossus for dumping Kitty Pride--so that part of the second film is like a dream come true.  :cloud9:

clean.jpg

image-2.jpg

Well I shouldn’t say I don’t want to spoil anything.  I love to text Jaybuck a bunch of spoilers that are both real and stuff I pull out of the air and then say some of what I said is true and some of it is not lol. 

On 7/26/2024 at 2:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

Screenshot_20240725-122601~2.png

'Tribute'??

Oh boy.

On 7/25/2024 at 9:12 PM, The Brain said:

I see this bringing in 1.8 billion worldwide before it finishes it run in theaters. 

Doubt it with a rated R movie, that is reported to be a hard R, you are cutting out too much audience.  With that said it will be the highest grossing R movie of all time. More realistic 1.1 to 1.2 million. 

I laughed. A LOT. Laughed and laughed and laughed. Absolutely floored at a lot of the surprises that only we would get, and there are some big ones. This was a movie crafted with care and with the fans in mind.

Oh, did I mention it was hilarious? Run, don't walk. NOW.

Everyone I went with had a blast and we're already planning another viewing. Conversely, everyone was "meh" at the Captain America trailer so this huge momentum they're going to build with this movie could be very short-lived.

I hope not, but my gut says that Deadpool/Wolverine is a lightning strike and nothing more.

On 7/25/2024 at 6:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

Run… see it asap before anyone inadvertently spoils anything.  

It was great.   People of all ages from kids to people much older than I were in attendance at 3pm.  Audience was repeatedly laughing. 

I don’t want to spoil anything by saying anything. 

My son and I were at 3pm showing at the Bellmore Playhouse. We also enjoyed it. ^^

I am weirdly conflicted about this movie. On one hand it is a bit of a jumbled mess of connected scenes that eventually resemble a story, on the other it is an expertly spun fan service cameo fest that is just absolutely fun and had me laughing and smiling more than I have at a movie in a couple years.

Deadpool 3 works in the way Thor Love & Thunder was meant to. The jokes and cameo's were on the nose but in a way that didn't insult the audience.

Without posting spoilers Chris Evans stole every scene he was in despite purposefully chewing dialog like he was William Shatner.

Saw it in IMAX yesterday around 7:30p.
Arrived at 5p to 'check' on in-stock conditions of the decorative buckets / cups before grabbing dinner.
Good thing I did as I was able to get the last Wolverine 'popcorn bucket'...iykyk...
They were out of the Deadpool cup though.
AMC definitely underestimated the demand, but in their defense they did enforce customers to have / show their ticket to purchase any of the products.
Cashier said to find them before our movie started and they would give us the popcorn and drink that the decorative stuff comes with.

Is the movie on par with Black Panther or Joker, with their deft combination of 'comic book movie' fused with 'cinema' and 'social commentary', to be nominated for a Best Picture Academy Award? No...it's [spooning] Deadpool...

That being said, it is biggest [spooning] blast and easily the best Marvel Studios has released since Avengers: Endgame.

Excited to see it again...probably next weekend when the crowds go down...to catch all the jokes / references I missed last night.

IMG_2077.jpg

Edited by troydivision1