• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

937 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, troydivision1 said:

That being said, it is biggest [spooning] blast and easily the best Marvel Studios has released since Avengers: Endgame.

Seems hard to believe given the Endgame release of April 2019 and No Way Home's release of December 2021.  No Way Home is a bit better than Endgame, although both are in the all-time best superhero top 20 list.

Here's my latest rankings of the best superhero movies ever from another thread:

On 7/25/2024 at 7:38 PM, drotto said:

Doubt it with a rated R movie, that is reported to be a hard R, you are cutting out too much audience.  With that said it will be the highest grossing R movie of all time. More realistic 1.1 to 1.2 million. 

We shall see.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:26 AM, fantastic_four said:

Seems hard to believe given the Endgame release of April 2019 and No Way Home's release of December 2021.  No Way Home is a bit better than Endgame, although both are in the all-time best superhero top 20 list.

Here's my latest rankings of the best superhero movies ever from another thread:

Thank you for sharing.
Will take a look.
Will you be posting an update after this weekend?

On 7/26/2024 at 11:01 AM, troydivision1 said:

Will you be posting an update after this weekend?

I lag movie releases by half a year or more usually, but if it's clear this is the best MCU release since No Way Home--which it certainly looks like it is--and that it's better than Deadpool 2 which is down in the thirties on my list then I'm sure I'll be more inspired to work it all out.  Plus I won't be seeing it for another 2-3 weeks anyway.

I think I took a year or two to put Joker on my list.  I really don't like that movie, but my goal is objectivity so I had to eventually put it on there.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 7/26/2024 at 11:00 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

You know, I just realized...

Reveal hidden contents

Gambit can just be in the upcoming X-Men film without any burden of having gone through an origin movie or show or anything.

This character is on my top 3 list that I want in the MCU...but not with that actor.  I'm not a fan of his.

***His first appearance in comics is the second comic book I ever bought (nostalgia is a powerful thing)

On 7/26/2024 at 12:21 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This character is on my top 3 list that I want in the MCU...but not with that actor.  I'm not a fan of his.

***His first appearance in comics is the second comic book I ever bought (nostalgia is a powerful thing)

I thought he did a bang-up job. The performance, the look, the action...IMHO, it was spot-on. I literally was smiling like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person every time he was showcased, and I'm not even a huge fan of the character.

On 7/26/2024 at 9:27 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

I thought he did a bang-up job. The performance, the look, the action...IMHO, it was spot-on. I literally was smiling like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person every time he was showcased, and I'm not even a huge fan of the character.

Spoiler

I'm not a huge fan of him as an actor, but he knocked everything about it out of the park.  The accent and delivery were very reminiscent of what I remember of the character at least from The Animated Series.  My only gripe is that Tatum is a bigger guy and Gambit is usually portrayed as tall and lithe.

I do think the movie may have served as a bit of a test to gauge viewer interest in some of these characters given the sheer number of cameos there were.

Edited by ExNihilo

On 7/26/2024 at 9:40 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Err, you might want to put that in spoiler tags for peeps that haven't seen it.

Oh, thought things became "proceed at your own risk" upon releases.  Updated though.

It's no surprise movies struggle.

Already copies all over the Pirated Seas since yesterday - 18 hrs after release.

I'll see it in the theatre but Marvel / Disney must be spewing.

Saw it with son tonight. Really Really enjoyed it. I loved all the in jokes especially on Rob Lefield there was
a great in joke or two. Its really the Wolverine you have wanted to see. They came close to Old Man Logan I thought
in this as well in certain ways. The surprise appearances were fantastic. I give it 8.5/9 out of 10. We laughed several
times in the film. Reynolds as a couple of fantastic 4th wall scenes that were amazing. The movies are best when the 
in jokes are there and only fans get it. 

Now that some of the spoilers are out.  This one "clicked" well after we walked out of the movie. 

Spoiler

Deadpool: "Ohhh Elektra... so sorry about Daredevil"

Elektra: Shrug... whatever.

I laughed in the theater but then really laughed later upon it clicking that Deadpool is really referring to Jennifer Garner's divorce from Ben Affleck. 

The jokes go by so quickly with such rapid fire ADD from Deadpool that... it definitely deserves a second watch to soak it all in.