• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

946 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

So? It said Marvel at the beginning of the movie which is owned by Disney, not Fox. It doesn't matter if it's "considered closure of the Fox/New Line films" when the money goes to Disney.

It's a Disney film, NOT Fox.

I thought you always fought against people around here when they cited box office and budget stuff and other things in your chart that weren't correct?

You're being incorrect here.

right-dr-evil.gif.188b6c321df384c49da1ffee1daf8396.gif

On 8/12/2024 at 10:53 PM, drotto said:

That is true, but a really important thing is looking at the producers for this film, but rather who is not listed as a producer ---- Kevin Feige. 

Wouldn't who owns the film rights be the really important thing in this discussion and not who produced it? ???

Nobody discussed who produced it. You're moving the goalposts.  

What is being discusses is whether it's a Fox film or a Marvel (Disney) film...unless it's a collaboration...and if that's the case, there should be evidence of that claim. 

So which is it? Marvel, Fox or both?

On 8/13/2024 at 10:00 PM, VintageComics said:

Wouldn't who owns the film rights be the really important thing in this discussion and not who produced it? ???

Nobody discussed who produced it. You're moving the goalposts.  

What is being discusses is whether it's a Fox film or a Marvel (Disney) film...unless it's a collaboration...and if that's the case, there should be evidence of that claim. 

It is actually significant, and is not moving the goalposts.  I agree it should be under the Disney banner, but it is the first film under that banner since the pre-fox days that Feige and the Marvel Studios braintrust relinquished a lot of control and let somebody else make a movie under their banner. So this was a Disney film, but not a Feige film which all the marginal movies in phases 4 and 5 have been. Yes, there were some studio notes and guidelines, I am sure, but they have never relinquished this much control in the past 10 maybe even 15 years. Especially, after several recent directors have commented (after the films bombed) that the films were Feige films not their films, and they were only doing what they were told to do, and had very little creative control.

By extention, it could also be a big deal that the Russo brothers are coming back.  Why? Because they said they would not come back unless they where given essentially complete control.  So I guess they got it, and reportedly Feige is going ro have a reduced role.

So yes, the producers matter, because they are the people who pick the director, hire the actors, and most importantly approve the script. So the general public may not talk about it, but they are very important.

On 8/14/2024 at 2:36 AM, DougC said:

So to sum up these last couple of pages....

"I don't like how you are measuring this metric. I am not going to do the work to measure it myself, but I desperately need you to know that I don't like what you are doing"

But the odd thing is even Kevin Feige recognized what Shawn Levy and Ryan Reynolds had was a unique celebration and closeout of the cinematic world of the Fox X-Men franchise (where Feige got his start as a comic book movie producer beginning with X-Men 2000). Even the villain is a direct link to Charles Xavier. And this is Deadpool's third film coming from the Fox X-franchise. So I find it interesting to track how this film ends at the box office with all these ties to its legacy franchise - including with the co-lead that helped drive much of those earlier films (Hugh Jackman).

On 8/12/2024 at 7:05 PM, Artboy99 said:

The second animated Spiderverse film seemed to play at a faster pace, was hard to watch for this "old guy"

I can’t watch a film in one go, and I naturally break it up into shorter sections governed by my pitiful attention span. This helps during the more intense animated scenes, whether the issue’s one of pacing or garish colouring, in particular here.

On 8/14/2024 at 2:04 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I can’t watch a film in one go, and I naturally break it up into shorter sections governed by my pitiful attention span. This helps during the more intense animated scenes, whether the issue’s one of pacing or garish colouring, in particular here.

I have done that. In the case of the last Spider-verse animated film I have never gone back to finish it.

On 8/14/2024 at 2:36 AM, DougC said:

So to sum up these last couple of pages....

"I don't like how you are measuring this metric. I am not going to do the work to measure it myself, but I desperately need you to know that I don't like what you are doing"

How the hell did you get THAT out of what I said? All I said was that it was in the wrong chart. It's Disney, not fox.

"I am not going to do the work to measure it myself?" & "desperately?" :roflmao:

On 8/14/2024 at 4:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

But the odd thing is even Kevin Feige recognized what Shawn Levy and Ryan Reynolds had was a unique celebration and closeout of the cinematic world of the Fox X-Men franchise (where Feige got his start as a comic book movie producer beginning with X-Men 2000). Even the villain is a direct link to Charles Xavier. And this is Deadpool's third film coming from the Fox X-franchise. So I find it interesting to track how this film ends at the box office with all these ties to its legacy franchise - including with the co-lead that helped drive much of those earlier films (Hugh Jackman).

The film really was a love letter to the FOX films, and fairly brutal against Disney at times.

On 8/13/2024 at 10:34 PM, drotto said:
On 8/13/2024 at 10:00 PM, VintageComics said:

I agree it should be under the Disney banner

That's all that was being discussed. 

Thank you. :smile:

Edited by VintageComics