• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

946 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, Bosco685 said:

image.png.fa9bd079466260e0545b6658adc1ede1.png

image.thumb.png.f37e548a99c75e8abdeb1b69e011a6e0.png

There was even a newsspaper article that this flick past The Passion of the Christ as an R rated film somehow or in some category. Not implicating, just when I met my dad for coffee, he had it clipped to show me then threw it away lol but I was like maybe I should have kept it. @Bosco685

in short "context" I assume Joker was the last comics related R film or something? :makepoint: too much to remember all the info, things just start to seem random... run together lol:roflmao: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
why do I edit lol

On 8/16/2024 at 2:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There was even a newsspaper article that this flick past The Passion of the Christ as an R rated film somehow or in some category. Not implicating, just when I met my dad for coffee, he had it clipped to show me then threw it away lol but I was like maybe I should have kept it. @Bosco685

in short "context" I assume Joker was the last comics related R film or something? :makepoint: too much to remember all the info, things just start to seem random... run together lol:roflmao: 

Not a worry. Two pages back before "How dare you mix my MCU with Fox/New Line" serious discussions. :shy:

On 8/12/2024 at 5:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Joker (without China) took one month to break $1B worldwide.

Joker becomes first R-rated movie to gross $1 billion worldwide

Deadpool & Wolverine broke $1B faster with China.

'Deadpool & Wolverine’ Struts Past $1B Global Box Office

On 8/16/2024 at 2:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Not a worry. Two pages back before "How dare you mix my MCU with Fox/New Line" serious discussions. :shy:

It is even more implicated or implicating that even the Newspaper got it wrong, if Joker had already accomplished that feat lol but :makepoint: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm a small fish in a big pond ha-ha

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/deadpool-wolverine-box-office-records-1235961235/

Just some clarification, you'd have to write a book to get it all down 😂 

I should have just tried Google and posted myself earlier, or the "dad clipping" but was more in awe that the newspaper exists and is useful lol

On 8/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm a small fish in a big pond ha-ha

Screenshot_20240816-145915.png

Screenshot_20240816-145937.png

Screenshot_20240816-145951.png

Screenshot_20240816-150016.png

Screenshot_20240816-150027-554.png

On 8/16/2024 at 7:33 PM, Bosco685 said:

image.png.fa9bd079466260e0545b6658adc1ede1.png

Impressed that it's been quite so popular over here in the UK.

On 8/18/2024 at 2:55 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Impressed that it's been quite so popular over here in the UK.

It's overwhelmingly indicative of society's tastes in general. They've had enough of the silliness of the last few years. 

The people want politically INCORRECT entertainment. They want boundaries pushed. They want safe spaces removed. It's what healthy human nature craves, and they're saying so with their wallets. 

At least the people who actually work hard for their money are saying so. :angel:

This movie had little to no ideological messaging and Disney would have to be completely off their rocker and corrupted to miss that point.

I still think they'll miss it but it needs to be pointed out. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 8/18/2024 at 3:22 PM, VintageComics said:

It's overwhelmingly indicative of society's tastes in general. They've had enough of the silliness of the last few years. 

The people want politically INCORRECT entertainment. They want boundaries pushed. They want safe spaces removed. It's what healthy human nature craves, and they're saying so with their wallets. 

At least the people who actually work hard for their money are saying so. :angel:

This movie had little to no ideological messaging and Disney would have to be completely off their rocker and corrupted to miss that point.

Ok round earther! :shy:

On 8/18/2024 at 8:13 PM, media_junkie said:

I feel as if they legit had a good/fun time making this film and it absolutely shows through, which I think helps for repeat viewings.

It was loads of fun & didn't take itself too seriously. Probably what I like most about the Deadpool series. Felt like the closest thing I've seen to a live action Rick & Morty adventure.

On 8/12/2024 at 1:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

It is considered closure of the Fox/New Line films as a strong send-off.

Is it the end of the Fox universe?  The movie started with that universe about to end because its "anchor person" was gone which I just assumed was their way of bringing Deadpool to the MCU universe, but by the end it looked as if that universe had been saved and that Deadpool returned to it implying that they may continue to use it in the future.

Or did I miss something?  I was a bit distracted during the film, so maybe I missed the point of them tying or not tying up the Fox universe.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:52 AM, fantastic_four said:

Is it the end of the Fox universe?  The movie started with that universe about to end because its "anchor person" was gone which I just assumed was their way of bringing Deadpool to the MCU universe, but by the end it looked as if that universe had been saved and that Deadpool returned to it implying that they may continue to use it in the future.

Or did I miss something?  I was a bit distracted during the film, so maybe I missed the point of them tying or not tying up the Fox universe.

Now with Deadpool 3 exceeding $1B I doubt Marvel Studios is going to want to move on and start fresh. Between the two legacy callback films (Now Way Home & Deadpool 3), Marvel nostalgia films are going strong.

Learning that Halle Berry was excited to come back with Hugh Jackman and they held off, the assumption is there is something planned for Secret Wars. Time will tell.

On 8/18/2024 at 8:22 PM, VintageComics said:

Brits do like irreverent humour.

Ryan Reynolds made sure to include a tribute to co-star Rob Delaney‘s late son, Henry, in Marvel’s Deadpool & Wolverine after saying he’s “always kicked [his] own ” for not doing so in the second installment of the franchise.

“If there’s a bright side, even more people are seeing Henry’s name in the credits of Deadpool & Wolverine. And at long last, father and son are sharing the same screen,” the action star wrote in a heartfelt Instagram post shared Monday.

:golfclap: