• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

992 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2024 at 2:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

The lack of pops for X-Men #252 homage made me sad - I practically jumped out of my chair when I saw that one (Best Wolvie cover of all time!)

Anyone know anything about a Hulk/Wolverine movie other than the usual idle rumors? If you Google it, the AI generated result says there's a film in the works with Mark Ruffalo and Hugh but have no idea what that's based on? Sorry if there's another thread for this, I didn't find it. 

On 10/10/2024 at 10:14 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Anyone know anything about a Hulk/Wolverine movie other than the usual idle rumors? If you Google it, the AI generated result says there's a film in the works with Mark Ruffalo and Hugh but have no idea what that's based on? Sorry if there's another thread for this, I didn't find it. 

:hi:

On 10/9/2024 at 10:39 AM, drotto said:

The reports were that they wanted this movie to stand on it's own, and not overtly be a bridge to the next MCU thing.

I don't understand WHY they wouldn't use this film to bridge into the next MCU?

It's so strange, considering expectations were so high and everyone was expecting it to happen. ???

The same with Joker 2 - everyone was expecting something to culminate it didn't happen. 

It's as though they're all trying to avoid a repeat of MCU 2008-2019, when this is what everyone is actually waiting for!?!?!

On 10/9/2024 at 1:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

Personally, I think reaction videos should be banned from the internet. 

Like, who needs to see how big someone's mouth can gape over a scene? lol

Total eye roll every time I see one. 

On 10/10/2024 at 11:24 PM, VintageComics said:

I don't understand WHY they wouldn't use this film to bridge into the next MCU?

It's so strange, considering expectations were so high and everyone was expecting it to happen. ???

The same with Joker 2 - everyone was expecting something to culminate it didn't happen. 

It's as though they're all trying to avoid a repeat of MCU 2008-2019, when this is what everyone is actually waiting for!?!?!

Ryan Reynolds is the driving force behind the film.  He requested that the movie would be essentially stand alone, and apparently it was one of the stipulations for him doing the movie. He did not want it to come across as a bridge to the next movie, and wanted it as a part of the Deadpool trilogy, and not intigral part of the MCU. He was protecting his legacy, with a nod to Disney. Again Feige is not listed as a producer on this film, so while it is an MCU film, it was intentionally distanced from the MCU as much as it could be.