• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HIGHLANDER from Lionsgate (TBD)
3 3

69 posts in this topic

I guess action movies only occur nowadays if you have a John Wick director or two.

(:

John Wick' Director Chad Stahelski Tackling 'Highlander' Reboot

146997.jpg

There can be only one and, in this case, it's Chad Stahelski.

Stahelski, who, along with David Leitch, was the filmmaker behind John Wick, has signed on to direct the long-gestating reboot of Highlander for Lionsgate.

"I've been a huge fan of the original property since I saw it in high school," Stahelski told The Hollywood Reporter. "Such great themes of immortality, love, and identity are all wrapped up in such colorful mythology. I can't think of a better property that gives the opportunity to create interesting characters, mythic themes and action set pieces."

Neal H. Moritz and Peter Davis are producing the project, which could also see Stahelski and Leitch join the team via their 87Eleven production and action stunt company, though that is still to be determined.

The Highlander reboot has been in the works since 2008 when Lionsgate-owned label Summit acquired the rights. The project has seen directors such as Justin Lin, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Cedric Nicolas-Troyan go through its doors.

HIGHLANDER.GIF

Highlander 2: The Quickening ('91) was so awful, it actually becomes actually entertaining at points, like so many 80's bad movies did. Filmmakers at that time would just ignore all the rules in the first movie (see Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.) Highlander: The Final Dimension didn't even try.

Why make a "Renegade Cut?" Just embrace your mediocrity. (:

Yes it was bad terrible even. What insufficiently_thoughtful_person decided to go away from the theme.

Adrian Paul's TV show brought back its roots and many fans like me.

Yup. I enjoyed watching that show from time to time. I think I still remember the character's names (Richie, Joe...?) For being such a casual viewer. Was amazed how easily they got away with beheading people in every episode, even for 90's somewhat sanitized syndicated TV standards. (thumbs u

Yes it was bad terrible even. What insufficiently_thoughtful_person decided to go away from the theme.

The show (both) is so good. Loved it at the time, and The Ending with Bonnie Portmore playing....creme de la creme

I almost forgot about that. I knew there was more than just the first movie that i liked.

I really enjoyed that TV series. And the actor did a solid job in the role. At least the first four seasons kept me going. I think the last two I lost interest.

I almost forgot about that. I knew there was more than just the first movie that i liked.

I really enjoyed that TV series. And the actor did a solid job in the role. At least the first four seasons kept me going. I think the last two I lost interest.

The TV series was great!

I'll go see a reboot

Hope that it has a lower budget so the CGI is kept to minimum. Gonna be hard pressed to come up with an actor to be the Kurgan.

The-Kurgan-highlander-8779282-510-400.jpg

John Wick director bodes well for this specific area, CGI limited to facilitation, rather than dominating

And let's not forget.

Highlander reboot: Dave Bautista to take on Clancy Brown's role

highlander-banner-2-12.jpg

t looks as if the production has had more luck securing someone to play The Kurgan, the barbarian originally brought to the screen by Clancy Brown in the 1986 original.

That person, as you've probably picked up from the headline, is Dave Bautista, who currently is in the midst of filming the James Bond movie SPECTRE. Bautista's movie career continues to build, following his role in last summer's Guardians Of The Galaxy. It'll be interesting to see - if confirmed - how he fares in a not-hugely-demanded remake such as this one.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!

ME!

you said, while looking down at your own headless body... ;)

I think you mean looking up from the ground

Here we are...born to be kings we're the princes of the universe!

Get 'em Queen!

I'd definitely make time for a new Highlander movie. I watched the Highlander TV show religiously for quite a while, pretty much up till Adrian Paul's character lost his mind after he accidentally waxed the blonde kid. Then it got too weird, at least for my young mind.