• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HIGHLANDER from Lionsgate (TBD)
3 3

69 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, piper said:

I might be in the minority but I don't think this should be remade.  I loved the original, so why mess with a good thing?

I get it.

When it was announced Dwayne Johnson was going to redo Escape From New York and my very first thought was "WHY??!!"

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I get it.

When it was announced Dwayne Johnson was going to redo Escape From New York and my very first thought was "WHY??!!"

12 minutes ago, D84 said:

Dwayne Johnson in Escape from New York? He may be a mound of muscles, but he's NO Snake Plissken.

Worst Episode Ever GIFs | Tenor

On 5/21/2021 at 12:37 PM, piper said:

I might be in the minority but I don't think this should be remade.  I loved the original, so why mess with a good thing?

Not in the minority, Highlander (and there was only one........ movie :wink:) is one of my top 5 of all time and #1 guilty pleasure. Don't need this remade. 

2 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

Not in the minority, Highlander (and there was only one........ movie :wink:) is one of my top 5 of all time and #1 guilty pleasure. Don't need this remade. 

I would agree that the sequels don’t exist. Oddly enough, I didn’t mind the TV show with Adrian Paul.

16 minutes ago, piper said:

I would agree that the sequels don’t exist. Oddly enough, I didn’t mind the TV show with Adrian Paul.

I have seen bits and pieces of the TV show and owe that a good sit down and watch one of these days. 

On 5/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

I get it.

Same here. I don’t care who they could cast because Escape from New York should never be remade. It should be retired like Ted Williams’ number. Though Gerard Butler would be good fan casting. 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

If they get Cavill and then Bautista as the Kurgan I could be down for this. My first thought was Highlander 1 should be untouchable but if they can make it fresh and a product for its time then.. wait, I’m giving way too much credit for the guy who makes John Wick movies. And I love me some Wick. 😒 But Highlander is not a straight action flick. Though a bit dated, this scene still gets me. And there is no musical equivalent to Queen today so they are just going to have to use Queen. And you know how much it would cost to license Queen tunes for your soundtrack today? Almost as much as Cavill’s mustache removal.

Edited by ▫️

On 7/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Unpopular opinion, but Highlander: Endgame (the 4th film, released in 2000) was worthy.

First, it bridges the films and the TV show by featuring both Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) and Duncan MacLeod (Adrian Paul).

Then, it's got an interesting expansion of the mythos with immortals held in the Sanctuary.

And the final act not only passes the torch from Connor to Duncan - but also does so logically and respectfully -- with the Chekov's Gun moment of (effectively) Connor's suicide via the unbeatable move he'd taught Duncan earlier in the film.

The film was far better than it had any right to be, and actually good after the travesties that were Highlander 2 and 3.

Definitely better than any of the other sequels and was very well done in bringing the canon together 

On 5/21/2021 at 4:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

I get it.

But, it’s subpar sequel Escape from LA could DEFINITELY be remade into a better movie.