• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need your feedback on a new price guide tool
1 1

63 posts in this topic

Great site , thank you ! Please ad foreign books , (Mexicans , Brazilians , Australian , Canaadian )...as a foreign colllector its very frustrating not to have a price reference when someone is selling a Golden or Silver age foreign book,

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Great site , thank you ! Please ad foreign books , (Mexicans , Brazilians , Australian , Canaadian )...as a foreign colllector its very frustrating not to have a price reference when someone is selling a Golden or Silver age foreign book,

I can look into this althought finding data for this will be hard . Not many graded sales for foreign books.

Hey! I forgot all about this thread. I was the one that posted about the Hulk Annual.

Your site is really looking great. I can see you have been putting in a lot of work into it. I think it has a very nice layout. Its very easy to navigate through and organized well. Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the work you have put into your site. :)

Hey! I forgot all about this thread. I was the one that posted about the Hulk Annual.

Your site is really looking great. I can see you have been putting in a lot of work into it. I think it has a very nice layout. Its very easy to navigate through and organized well. Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all the work you have put into your site. :)

Appreciate the feedback and comments my friend. I'm still working on adding new features and sales along with functionality improvements.

I too would like to know what sites your data comes from. You mention 8 sites but if those are not sites with many sales the sample data may not be enough to give a good/helpful result.

I think it would be a good idea to have a link to how/where your data is gathered. GPA could also stand to incorporate this feature as a help to comic buyers and sellers. But in your case the data is free so I wouldn't expect as much in that regard.

Good work though.

I too would like to know what sites your data comes from. You mention 8 sites but if those are not sites with many sales the sample data may not be enough to give a good/helpful result.

I think it would be a good idea to have a link to how/where your data is gathered. GPA could also stand to incorporate this feature as a help to comic buyers and sellers. But in your case the data is free so I wouldn't expect as much in that regard.

Good work though.

This is actually not that difficult to implement. I do store most of the sales sources, especially eBay and HA

My first impression of the site is very good. I didn't have much look with searching by typing in the name of the title, but the drop down menus were great, so I wouldn't even miss a lack of search.

Is it safe to say the graded price points are only from CGC? Any thought to also displaying sales of Voldemort books? I don't think anyone is doing both yet.

Great start, I'll be in to provide feedback.

My first impression of the site is very good. I didn't have much look with searching by typing in the name of the title, but the drop down menus were great, so I wouldn't even miss a lack of search.

Is it safe to say the graded price points are only from CGC? Any thought to also displaying sales of Voldemort books? I don't think anyone is doing both yet.

Thanks for looking

The search by text is for book description such as first superman, Campbell cover etc.. perhaps I need to clarify this a bit better to users, or change it to straight forward search by text. CGC is not the only company covered in the sales. I must admit I don't quite understand what you mean by Voldermort books, the Harry Potter character?

Thanks for looking

The search by text is for book description such as first superman, Campbell cover etc.. perhaps I need to clarify this a bit better to users, or change it to straight forward search by text. CGC is not the only company covered in the sales. I must admit I don't quite understand what you mean by Voldermort books, the Harry Potter character?

He means any grading company that is not CGC.

Thanks for looking

So I assume all of the graded book sales are slabbed books and not "raw graded" correct? Do these include CGC, PGX and CBCS?

I think it would be worth distinguishing each into their own category. Each company can have substantial different market prices, especially PGX. This would make this an even better resource for people who may use multiple grading companies, or the single company buyers to not have their prices influenced by others.

EDIT: I just discovered on the computer version where I can use the graph feature to separate between grading companies to see individual sales. GREAT feature. Still think it would be worth it to have the summary chart list the sales by companies.

I can't imagine the work this has been to put this together, thanks for sharing. If there are specific features you think need testing, please let us know!

Edited by ParamagicFF

Thanks for looking

So I assume all of the graded book sales are slabbed books and not "raw graded" correct? Do these include CGC, PGX and CBCS?

I think it would be worth distinguishing each into their own category. Each company can have substantial different market prices, especially PGX. This would make this an even better resource for people who may use multiple grading companies, or the single company buyers to not have their prices influenced by others.

EDIT: I just discovered on the computer version where I can use the graph feature to separate between grading companies to see individual sales. GREAT feature. Still think it would be worth it to have the summary chart list the sales by companies.

I can't imagine the work this has been to put this together, thanks for sharing. If there are specific features you think need testing, please let us know!

Thanks for the feedback guys. From the same menu as the Graph feature there is a sales details link that takes you to a page with all sales , descriptions, grades etc. including what company graded the book and an option to select sales to figure out averages over certain time frames. Would love some feedback in this area.

Thanks for looking

He means any grading company that is not CGC.

hahaha ok I get it :D

I've been enjoying this site for a few weeks now and always keep a tab open to it. (thumbs u

One thing I would really like to see is perhaps an alternate chart at the bottom (for individual issues) which would show the peak price in each grade listed. Especially for older books, I'm always interested to see how high they sell throughout the grade scale, but the only way I believe that I can do this now is by selecting each individual grade from the drop down. Along the same lines, the current default bar graph could have clickable bars which would change to the chart for that grade rather than have to select the grade from the drop down. It looks like the bars are already clickable, but it doesn't do anything.

Again, great site and its certainly wonderful that we have folks in the community that have the time and talent to provide things like this for the rest of us!

I've been enjoying this site for a few weeks now and always keep a tab open to it. (thumbs u

One thing I would really like to see is perhaps an alternate chart at the bottom (for individual issues) which would show the peak price in each grade listed. Especially for older books, I'm always interested to see how high they sell throughout the grade scale, but the only way I believe that I can do this now is by selecting each individual grade from the drop down. Along the same lines, the current default bar graph could have clickable bars which would change to the chart for that grade rather than have to select the grade from the drop down. It looks like the bars are already clickable, but it doesn't do anything.

Again, great site and its certainly wonderful that we have folks in the community that have the time and talent to provide things like this for the rest of us!

Hey Martin Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on the changes to the chart that you mentioned . A few people have requested this and I agree it would help with making the data easier to stream .

It's done now , when you click on any of the blue grade bars it opens the sales line chart automatically. Using the same idea I'll make it so that clicking on each sale within the line chart will open up the sales description if one exists